Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    20.27%

Re: ZC Playing Tricks and Skills

Thought I mention this cool trick, but personally I think it's a glitch.
    Boomerang Roll: If you use the keyboard and time the input of the b button and two directionals, you can make the boomerang go in the direction of the 2nd directional moved over one space in the first directional. To be specific, if I hit the right and up and time my b button correctly, I make the boomerang appear one space to the right but go straight up. I'll warn you, it takes a lot of practice to master it.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.05%

I can't understand why no one has mentioned hitting a Darknut/Deathknight in the face with the Hookshot yet. I find the easiest way to beat them is to fire it past their shield at point-blank range, which both stuns them and knocks them back (Fire Boomerang throws them behind you). Also, I'm pretty sure you can stun them from the sides too, it's just that they have a good chance of clipping the shield and getting blocked.

By the way, I haven't tried that trick on the newer 2.11 betas, but it was a godsend against Deathknights in most 1.92/2.10 quests. I also don't remember the wand-sword working on Patra. Did that and/or the Hookshot change at some point?
    Crash Man is the coolest Robot Master ever! Well, aside from Skull Man, Elec Man, Quick Man, Gemini Man, Shadow Man... ahh, forget it!

Megaman: "Who cares if it's peacetime? You're an inventor, damnit - MAKE SOMETHING!"
    Dr Light: " 'Necessity is the mother of invention.' "
    Megaman: "Good, I'm hungry. Go invent me a sandwich."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    62.26%

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pikachu
    Thought I mention this cool trick, but personally I think it's a glitch.
    Boomerang Roll: If you use the keyboard and time the input of the b button and two directionals, you can make the boomerang go in the direction of the 2nd directional moved over one space in the first directional. To be specific, if I hit the right and up and time my b button correctly, I make the boomerang appear one space to the right but go straight up. I'll warn you, it takes a lot of practice to master it.
    You think it's a glitch... and yet you practically have to use it in your quest that you released (because this trick is so hard to pull off, I just gave up on that one level). No offense...
    To add to that, you can also send the boomerang a tile up and then go down and stuff like that. It's crazy what you can do with a boomerang...

Ok, now that the Roc's Feather has been implemented...

Roc's Feather:
    Jump over an enemy, and turn and attack them before you land on the other side. The reason I say before you land is because of when you're fighting darknuts. The thing is, there is a small windom of time where when striking with the sword right before you land will do damage. This is pretty much the only window of opportunity when fighting darknuts because the second you do land, they're gonna turn around.

Also... is this thread ever going to be pinned? Or will it just be left here to rot in the dust (Things rot in the dust? lol), now that just about every trick known to people in ZC has been said? There's a lot of useful stuff in this thread too...
    (By the way, I'm not asking for this to be pinned just because I posted it, so don't interpret it that way.)
    Creator of ZURPG, a Zelda game that's influenced by D&D and JRPGs to bring together a unique gameplay system combined with roleplaying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    3.27%

I haven't seen this thread before, so here are my two tips:

1. Digdoggers: Immediately after blowing the whistle, have your boomerang ready to whack the children. You can have all 3 children stunned if you're quick enough, and it's not hard to be quick.

2. People have been mentioning using bombs to avoid other traps that will hit you for greater damage. I find it much easier to use a candle and run into the flame, especially when crossing paths of spikes. For the first final boss of Dreams of Yesterday, I found this technique to be essential in getting through with minimal damage.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.54%

Well, we know about the lame trick of getting across a floor of spikes by bombing yourself over or having an enemy hit you over the floor to get to areas you couldn't normally get to without lowering the spikes. Well, in a quest I won't name, but you all should know, that is being worked on. We make these spikes half solid in places we don't want you to cross and the rest walkable. So if you try to bomb yourself over, you'll get stuck on the solid portion but be knee deep in the spikes! good luck getting yourself out! XD

Creators should wise up to that trick and start using unwalkable spikes in areas they don't want to have players bomb themselves over, but keep certain spikes walkable for those poor saps that do try that.
    "If anybody says him/her/it without defining what they're talking about, the conversation is automatically about my p.e.n.i.s. :-D" - Wild Bill
    "Design ideas come to me during fetid fits of masturbation." - C-Dawg
    "I want to give NoeL a blowjob! ^_^" - Peteo
    "The magic boob should be mine any minute!" - Koopa
    "Suicide is the most sincere form of self-criticism" - My Film Professor

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    57.36%

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFlameWolf View Post
    Creators should wise up to that trick and start using unwalkable spikes in areas they don't want to have players bomb themselves over, but keep certain spikes walkable for those poor saps that do try that.
    Check. I keep this in mind. I also implemented a room that requires the player to bomb over spikes. It works both ways. But why not just walk? That is where solid combos, and bomb flags come in. This area is optional though, and doesn't have to be completed by those who don't wanna blow themselves up.

I don't have any tricks to offer per se, but I will add this: I am a boomerang kind of guy. I will use this in every way at any time. It can really help significantly against -almost- any thing.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.89%

A trick that works against Gleeok is that some of Gleeok is dolphin safe to walk on. The wings and body are both perfectly walkable without damage. As long as you don't touch the neck or head, you can pull a "round robin" on him to avoid taking damage at all. Just walk around in circles while hitting Gleeok with beams.

Click here to level up my card, or be sacrificed... ^_^

Want to see Shattered Earth, AGN's RPG, back? Got a computer that is capable of running a server? PM me!

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.77%

I just thought this trick might help somehow. If an enemy is moving towards you and you do a multislash/stab towards then away from the enemy, it will send the enemy though you in the other direction.

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.44%

I believe this only works on Darknuts, unless your using the wand.
    My favorite use of the multi-slash (besides on darknuts) is at full health, where you can slash, and then send the beam in another direction. Very useful. Just don't get hit! ;p
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.77%

Actualy I've tested this theory even more to know that it work on pretty much all enemies, but the timing is harder with different enemies.

Thread Information