It was about 4 years ago that an unfamiliar guy named Lord Steak released a hack for Zelda 1 called "Shin Zelda Densetsu". It's available on Zophar's Domain, and I'm not sure where else. Some of you may have played it, or perhaps no. I'm rather surprised by how obscure it still is.

It's one of the better hacks out there, except for this little problem:

As you can see, you play the quest as Zelda. This is the boss room in Level 3, or rather the Mars level (in SZD, the level numbers are planetary symbols). As you can see, there's nothing you can kill in here, and consequently no way to open the shutter and get to the triforce room. I've gone on to finish all the other levels and throw every weapon I can get at this puzzle, but I can't finish the hack because I can't get into the 9th level, for lack of the triforce piece in this dungeon.

I feel like I've tried everything that could possibly work in one of these hacks - - bombing every wall, pushing all the blocks, etc. I've even wondered if this is a bug and there's a specific emulator I need to get this to work right - - I'm using Nestopia, but I've tried it with NESten, Nesticle and Nester and the same thing happens every time. If anyone here has played this game and knows how to get around this trip-up, I'd much appreciate it.