Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.12%

Re: SotW 7

Wow, 66.666...% of the shots are from Pure ZC. We need more people. Anyways:

Blaman: Those forest shadows are good, and the screen's layout is good.

Joe: The right corners look a little bit empty, but it's a good screen.

As for mine, you have no idea how hard it was to rip in those mountains and get them to work right.
    Quote Originally Posted by rock_nog View Post
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.05%

Russ: Some of the trees are incomplete. If they are supposed to be bushes, then the shadows just feel awkward to me. The rest of the shot is pretty good. This Earthbound quest you have been talking about looks promising!

Blaman: I really like the shadows you have in the bottom part of the screen. Overall just a very nice shot. Nice subscreen too. The Link sprite seems slightly off though.

Joe: This shot really does look like one of the Game Boy games. I really think you have the style down and as a result, you won my vote this week. Nice work.

Great job again everyone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.31%

E.....E.....Ea....Ear.....Ear......Eart......Eart. .....Earth......EarthB.......EarthB......EarthBo.. ....EarthBou.......
    EARTHBOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111! !!!!!!!!!!11111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!
    *Eyes explode into candy and small children come running to grab some*

You're making an Earthbound quest?! Yays!

On a side note, how many quests does that bring you up to working on Russ...
    1)KttH
    2)Untitled Earthbound quest(yay!)
    3)EoTDX
    4)LttPDX
    What else?

Click here to level up my card!

"Everybody's doing it... I just wanted to be popular."
    Bender- Futurama

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.12%

Quote Originally Posted by bobrocks95 View Post
    On a side note, how many quests does that bring you up to working on Russ...
    1)KttH
    2)Untitled Earthbound quest(yay!)
    3)EoTDX
    4)LttPDX
    What else?
    Well, LttP DX is more of a project that I work on when I'm bored, so that one goes pretty slowly. As for EoT, I'm just doing storyline and custom bosses. However, at Pure ZC, I have two joint projects (but both are still in the planning stages). So overall, 1 main joiny one (KttH), one not so main one (EarthBound), one spare time one (LttP), and two still being planned joint ones (Oracle of Hours and, the other one, ITS A SECRET TO EVERYBODY). Ya, I probably have two many projects going. But I can manage them all, so it all comes out fine. :)

E.....E.....Ea....Ear.....Ear......Eart......Eart. .....Earth......EarthB.......EarthB......EarthBo.. ....EarthBou.......
    EARTHBOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111! !!!!!!!!!!11111111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!
    *Eyes explode into candy and small children come running to grab some*

You're making an Earthbound quest?! Yays!
    When I read that I started laughing hysterically. I'm glad somebody is excited about it. It was supposed to be a secret project, but after two weeks, I couldn't keep it secret any longer.
    Well of course eveything's closed for Easter - don't you know of the great Easter tradition of people barricading themselves up to protect themselves from the return of Zombie Christ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    25.31%

Though, will you go the extra (x1,000) mile and actually make it like an RPG(no clue how you'd do that-probably heavy scripting), or would it be Zelda-esque with EB graphics?

EDIT: Holy crap, Gemstone review today.

Click here to level up my card!

"Everybody's doing it... I just wanted to be popular."
    Bender- Futurama

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.12%

Quote Originally Posted by bobrocks95 View Post
    Though, will you go the extra (x1,000) mile and actually make it like an RPG(no clue how you'd do that-probably heavy scripting), or would it be Zelda-esque with EB graphics?
    Semi RPG. It will have a Zelda II style system (touch an enemy, go into a 2D sidescroller battle scene). To be honest, I didn't like the way EB handled the RPG system at all.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    86.37%

I voted for russadwan. Sweet to see the new Earthbound concept in action. The colors are a shade too bright though. And it took me several looks to notice, but a couple of the trees look like they're sunken into the ground. Wha?

On a side note, I'm glad to see that Blaman finally got a vote in one of the polls.

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    43.12%

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Atoms View Post
    I voted for russadwan. Sweet to see the new Earthbound concept in action. The colors are a shade too bright though. And it took me several looks to notice, but a couple of the trees look like they're sunken into the ground. Wha?
    Well, it was my first custom palette ever. As for the trees sunken in the ground, those are direct rips. I think they are supposed to be small bushes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    71.32%

Well, I said I would do it this week, so I guess I have no real choice...

*ahem*

I'll start with the shot I hate the least, then move through them, saving the best rant for last.

Joe123: Gets my vote. Far from a perfect example of GB graphics, but I haven't seen a good Subrosia-esque shot in a long time, so I'm liking this. The first and most obvious problem here is the lack of color. I know that it's a volcanic field, but not everything should be in shades of red. There should be some dullened greens somewhere, especially in the trees. Also, what's up with the weird golden brown on the Ganon rock? The second big problem I see is the lack of details. A lot of the same tile is used over and over again, and this makes looking at a lot of things just a flat-out eyesore, especially the lava. Seriously, replace that shit. It's terrible. The third problem is just the tile arrangement. Why are the edges of things placed on the edge of the screen? The emphasis should be on the center, with details on the edge to keep the viewer's eyes on the shot. The mountains and the lava are the biggest issues here. The last issues is just the consistency, especially with the grass/dirt transitions. Fix those.

Blaman: Definitely fits with your username: It's Blah. I'm liking the use of Tales of Phantasia for the overhangs and the shadows from Treasure of the Rudras (courtesy of my rips, no doubt ), but the perspective issues here leaves a lot to be desired. Aside from that, it's a very, very average Pure shot with some DoR graphics mixed in. Hate the bushes, especially the way those 2 on the right are overlapping. Bad. Fix that. There's nothing really wrong about the positions of anything here (aside from the overlapping bushes), what really kills this shot for me is the absolute staleness of the graphics. It's the same thing that we've all seen a million times. I know that having neat, original graphics aren't everything in a quest, but it means a LOT in a screenshot. Also, the pure grass. It fucking fails at life. Use the green rubber mat grass if you must, just anything but that shit. Seriously, it looks like some kid with ADHD took a crayon and drew all over the ground. If nothing else can be improved graphics-wise, at least change the grass. This one is arguably more well-composed than Joe's shot is, but Joe's tiles had a nice, fresh look and that's what won me over more than anything else.

Russadwan: HOLY MOTHER OF FUCKING GOD WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO MY EARTHBOUND!?

Jesus Christ, this shot is an insult to all of humanity. I don't think I can spot a single tile in there which is actually used correctly, and all of the colors are immensely overly saturated. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you? You took one of the most memorable games of all time and fucked it right in the ass to produce this twisted hellchild of a screenshot. The colors look like someone decided to barf all over your moniter and you picked the colors based on the little food particles you saw. You took isometric graphics and tried to convert them to Zelda-perspective graphics without any sort of editing at all and the end result looks like donkey jizz.

Not to mention how the screen is so awfully composed. Objects are just placed randomly with no regard for their positions and there is almost no detail. Just looking at it makes me want to tear out my eyes and eat them.

The only way that this screenshot can possibly be forgiven is if you immediately delete all copies of this shot off of all web mirrors, then promptly melt your computer and make sure that you never use Zelda Classic ever again. Hell, better yet, chop off all of your fingers so that you never use a computer again in your life. It's the only way to stop this monstrosity from doing any more damage than it already has.

Thread Information