Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.37%
    ......holy carpal tunnel syndrome.

So much win. Stealing ammo? Useful bait? PIECES OF POWER AND GUARDIAN ACORNS?!?!?! Some serious awesomeness here!

Honestly, the power pieces and acorns were part of what I LOVED about Link's awakening. Sometimes, you'd get lucky and find a powerup and then BAM, you're running around kicking all kinds of ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez
    AGN is not meant for people who have lives. Come back home, turn the lights off and stare in awe at the glow that comes from the monitor.
    Do you enjoy challenging RPGs? Do you enjoy dark storylines? You'll like my game. Go on, it's not very long.
    You can download my game for free right here!
    Feedback on it would be nice. It'll help with future projects.

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.24%
    Let's have a look at a few more items and bosses!

Protection Ring
    The Protection Ring appeared in the Oracle games, and its behaviour has passed unchanged into this game. Its black heart shines with the allure of danger, and it is indeed a dangerous ring - all damage done to Link with do exactly one heart. This means that the weakest enemies do double damage, and the slightly strong enemies do half damage. Since there are so many more weaker enemies than there are strong enemies, this may not seem at all beneficial! However, the Protection Ring comes into its own when Link seizes the Blue Mail. Suddenly, every attack in the game deals a mere half-heart to Link!

But be warned - the Protection Ring can only be claimed early in the game, when Link possesses 5 heart containers or less!

And, you'll have to find the cave in which it is hidden in the first place...

Queen of Hearts
    Off with her head! This mobile statue of a heartbroken monarch who met a tragic end is similar to an Armos Knight, except that it drops a trail of hearts and anti-hearts (henceforth known as "hurts") as it hops. It waits in the same dungeon as the Protection Ring, but guards a different treasure.

Grab the red, avoid the black! What an odd boss!

Bee Smoker
    A canister that wafts pacifying clouds of smoke. You receive this at the very beginning of the game! It's not at all useful for combat against most foes (certain specific insects excepted), but one shouldn't overlook its ability to cloud the vision of certain devices and monsters!

Blow smoke on fireball statues and they won't be able to aim their fireballs at Link!

This irritable arachnocrustacean can't aim its fireballs if it can't see Link through the smoke.

And this Chaser Trap can't see Link either, and it doesn't have the temperament to make wild guesses.

Kholdstare
    One of the easier bosses to implement. It's a cloud of unrepentant evil with an eye for causing pain. It is, however, cowardly to the extent that it imprisons itself in a huge tomb of ice. It's so dense that only Din's Fire has the heat to melt it down!

If you don't have the firepower, you'll just have to take another route.

Sand Wand
    Direct from a certain video game, this wand causes a pillar of sand to rise up from the sand it is waved over! These pillars do not naturally disappear, so you need to use your trusty Hammer to get rid of them. It's not the most useful of magical artifacts, but its abilities can improve certain combat situations for you!

Use the Sand Wand to flip over these tenacious headless turtles!

Create sand pillars to block the path of the flames of this particularly dangerous dragon!

Incidentally, I've implemented some subtle mechanical differences between this and the original NES games. Solid terrain now blocks the movement of boomerangs, arrows and fire, much like in the later Zelda games. However, magical attacks such as sword beams and Wizzrobe spells will still penetrate.

Push the block to decrease the range of the fire, so you can close in with the sword! A block-pushing boss battle?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.59%
    Very nice!

This quest will surely be amazing. Any indication of how far it is in development?
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

Lynel
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.83%
    Haha, I love it! The sand rod is certainly one of the more unique items I've seen in a Zelda game, so it pleases me to no end to see it here too.

Edit: Also, I notice the boss health meter. Perhaps you could move the play-time to the active subscreen, and stick the boss meter there? :)
    Tale of the Cave - a web comic - Updates Monday, Wednesday, Friday
    ZC Tutorials - Tutorials and Script Library - Updated July 30, 2008
    ZeldaGuard - Corruption in my save files? It's more likely than you think!
    I do script requests!

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.24%

The road to Level 2.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.17%
    I see that you implemented the Hoopster from Super Mario Brothers 2! Nice work!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.33%
    How far into this game are you by now? The things you're doing are amazing, but is it ever going to be complete?

Developer
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.24%
    If I work pretty consistently, then with luck I will be finished within 10 months.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    41.59%
    The Fire Spire is the epitome of the term "awesome".
    My quests:
    End of Time - First quest, uses classic graphics (Help/discussion thread)
    Link to the Heavens - Second quest, uses Pure tileset (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)
    End of Time DX - Remake of my first quest (YouTube LP | Help/discussion thread)

&&
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    8.29%
    It looks like the epitome of 'movement is so restricted you will want to tear your eyes out if you spend longer than 2 minutes there' to me...

Thread Information