A few things to know before you ask for help in this forum.
- Before asking a question:
- >>State which version of ZC you're using. - Here are generally the two choices you'll have to choose from.
- ZC 2.10
- ZC 2.11 Betas AND ZC 2.5 Alphas - Generally, refer to the items lower down on the list as 2.11 Betas, and the items far higher on the list as 2.5 Alphas. Technically they're all Alphas, but the ones lower down on the list generally resemble the plans for 2.11 more than for 2.5.
- It would be wise of you to also give the Build Number.  Is one such build.  is the build on the bottom.
- >>BE SURE TO MENTION ALL OF THIS!! (The above and below points.) It's VERY Important!
- The reason it's important is because there are several critical differences between the versions that will make a difference on the responses people will give you when you ask for help. For example, if you're using 2.10, but don't say that you are, and you ask how you can get your combos to cycle on layers, people will direct you to the Quest Rules page, and you'll be looking for hours, and asking where it is, and people will show you where it is, but you'll still never find it. That's why coordination really helps.
- Frequently Asked Questions:
- Before you ask, here's the answer.
- How to use Layering.
- How to Load a Custom Quest. (I just linked to this above, but it couldn't hurt to show it again.)
- How to Change Link's Graphics In ZC (How to change "the Player" in general.)
- A Must-Read Combo & Graphics Tutorial - Will explain everything you need to know about how to work with whatever you can see and touch. It'll show you the foundations, anyway.
- How do I make things happen in-game? - Flags, Secrets, Triggers, etc, are all dealt with here.
- Where can I get more resources? - Check along the left side of PureZC's main page. They have loose tiles, custom made midis, and even quests to play.
- Where can I get more resources (Tiles or Music) for my quests?
- PureZC's Resource Forum
- AGN's Developers Exchange
- The Spriters Resource
- The Charas Project - (It's actually for the RPGMaker series, but you can import graphics from there if they're in the right format. BMP or GIF, generally. More on that later.
- Midis - VGMusic has a lot of video game Midis available. Check it out.
- Midis & Mods - Mirsoft.info - Contains a lot of established Video Game Music, though moreso from those you somehow won't find on VGMusic.com - They also have the Tracker (.mod, .it) files that are generally of slightly higher quality than midi files.
- "And more!" It's just a matter of looking, once you know what you can actually import. Start small, and work your way up. You'll be putting the most amazing graphics in your quest in no time once you know what's feasible.
- Links to Tutorial Resources:
Additionally, to copy and paste Fatcatfan's message from another announcement, just so that everybody is clear:
Passwords used to protect ZC quest files are not stored in a secure manner. They are obfuscated, but anyone who has access to your .qst and really wants to can probably discover the password used to protect that quest in a number of different ways, depending on the person. This isn't such a big deal, but if you use the same password on a quest that you use to access the forums or elsewhere, potentially anyone can obtain that password. In short
DO NOT PROTECT A ZC QUEST WITH A PASSWORD THAT YOU WOULDN'T WANT EVERYONE IN THE WORLD TO KNOW. This means not using your forum password as your Quest password.
If you'd like anything added to this, please feel free to post in this topic or to PM me or any other ZC Dev. (Though why bother them; just PM me. :p (And be sure to link to this topic, or I might not know what you're talking about.)