ZScript Pad (or ZSPad/ZSP for short) is a program made by myself to create a somewhat competent ZScript Editor for the ZC community. While it is still in its basic form at the moment, I do hope to extend the project to eventually have the functionality of advanced IDEs for languages such as C++, Java, etc.
- Code highlighting for ZScript - That's right, this should automatically colorcode variables, comments, numbers, and anything else for scripts.
- Autotabbing - If you hit enter, the program will automatically tab over the proper amount of times to become even with the former line.
- Line Numbers - ZSP will show the line numbers of the viewable lines.
- * Auto-Reload - When you startup ZSP, it will automatically reload the last opened file.
* Auto-Reload is not enabled by default.
Potential Future Features
- Tab functionality - Basically, you can have more than one ZScript file loaded at a time.
- Projects - This will allow you to group related ZScript files into a project and open them at the same time.
- Color Changing - You will be able to specify what colors you want for the different types of text.
- "IntelliSense"-type Autocomplete - If you have it enabled, this will essentially popup a little autocomplete box whenever you type in -> that will have a list of variables and functions for that type.
I intentionally picked a C++ library that would allow me to port ZSP over to multiple OSs, and I have achieved that. ZSP is available for Windows, Linux*, and Mac OSX**.
ZSP Version 1.0
Mac OSX** (13.3mb)
* The Linux build was tested in Ubuntu GNOME and Fedora KDE. I'm not sure what the requirements are for the Linux build, unfortunately.
** The Mac OSX build was tested in Leopard (10.5) and Snow Leopard (10.6). I believe that it should work in Tiger (10.4), but I can't make any guarantees.
If you have any comments, problems, suggestions, or complaints, please list them here. :)