Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    61.3%

Zelda Classic 2.10

Thanks to *b* for the nice intro pic. Sort of a variation on the Father Time/Baby New Year idea (Adult Link, version 1.92 is retiring and giving the sword to Young Link, version 2.10).

Currently, only the Windows and DOS ports are compiled. I should have the Mac and Linux ones within a week.

Here's the list of changes since version 1.93 Alpha 4 (there were 262 total changes since version 1.92 Beta 183):

1. Fixed the bug where the mouse would get locked inside of the zoomed tile window from the tile editor (even after exiting the tile editor) if the middle button were pressed there until the left or right button were pressed.

2. Fixed the bug where the mouse would be forced 1 block down from its intended location in coordinate placing mode.

3. Fixed the bug where the placed coordinate squares were the wrong color.

4. Added triple buffering to ZC. This causes the game to run much smoother.

5. The DMap editor now shows the proper number of columns for the selected DMap type (16 for Overworld, 8 for others). Also, the DMap offset slider is disabled for Overworld DMaps as is the button grid. However, the compass and continue position mouse selection method is preserved, as well as being fixed to work with 16 columns where needed.

6. The text edit control now starts with the cursor at the end instead of the beginning.

7. Fixed the flying enemy spawn bug.

8. Fixed the inconsistency with the Triforce pick up warp curtain effect.

9. Fixed the bug in the tile grabber where switching the grab mode would also shift the offset by one.

10. Added a new bp option to the tile grabber. Pressing the 'N' key will switch the grab style to NES. This allows tiles to be lifted more easily from NES games.

11. Added a new option to the grabber. Pressing the 'B' key will cycle through the different bit plane settings (1, 2, NES, 4, and 8).

12. Added the F, L, and P keys to the tile grabber that correspond to the File, Leech, and Pal buttons.

13. Changed the fastwalk key from 'F' to 'Q' (for quickwalk), because of the next change.

14. Changed the 'F' key to freeze/unfreeze link (if cheat level 4 is on). This allows you to continue testing if Link is frozen by a bad dmap intro/screen message string combination.

15. Now, fullscreen/windowed mode is saved between sessions. So, set it once (either through a command-line switch or with the Alt-Enter key) and it stays that way until you change it again, even after quitting and restarting the program.

16. Fixed the bug where a newly-created save slot wouldn't be saved unless it had actually been played once and saved from the Save, Continue, Retry game menu.

17. Finished implementing Nayru's Love. Just like the Ocarina of Time version, this spell places a shield around Link, during which time he is invincible. He can, however, still get knocked around when hit (just like in the Ocarina of Time version). Along with this spell are 9 new miscellaneous weapon types: Nayru's Love (Left), Nayru's Love (Left, Returning), Nayru's Love Trail (Left), Nayru's Love Trail (Left, Returning), Nayru's Love (Right), Nayru's Love (Right, Returning), Nayru's Love Trail (Right), Nayru's Love Trail (Right, Returning), and Nayru's Love Shield. The first 8 correspond to their approximate Din's Fire counterparts. However, instead of one spell rocket (going up from Link's position, then falling back down from off-screen), there are now two (going left and right from Link, then returning from off-screen). The last one, Nayru's Love Shield, is the top-left tile of a 2x2 block that is drawn over Link when the spell is active. The tiles that make up the shield are not laid out on the tile screen as they will be in the game. Instead, they are sequential (Top Left, Top Right, Bottom Left, Bottom Right). If the Nayru's Love Shield miscellaneous type is animated, the tiles are offset by the number of frames. Additionally, this spell has 4 quest rules assigned to it: Trans. N. Love Shield, N. Love Shield Flickers, Trans. N. Love Rocket, and N. Love Rocket Flickers. These control the transparency and flickering of the Nayru's Love Shield and Nayru's Love Rockets, much like the counterpart rules for Ghini 2's.

18. Fixed the bug where the Door Combo Set editor wouldn't save new door combo sets.

19. Fixed the bug where edits to door combo sets wouldn't be considered a change (and ZQuest wouldn't ask if you wanted to save if you quit after a door combo set edit).

20. Implemented Farore's Wind. Presently, it just carries Link back to the entrance to the current DMap.

21. Corrected the position for the hammer smack sprite.

22. Finished the panels at the bottom of the ZQuest main editor window.

23. Added the remaining screen data flags to the screen flags panel in ZQuest.

24. Removed the "Hookshot Bridge" combo type.

25. Removed the NPC's.

26. Renamed the "Nayru's Love Shield" miscellaneous sprite to "Nayru's Love Shield (Front)" and added "Nayru's Love Shield (Back)", which is drawn behind Link, allowing for a nearly true 3D Nayru's Love Shield.

27. Fixed the warp types after they were broken in Alpha 5 due to the last-minute removal of the new warp scheme.

28. Cut Nayru's Love time from 1024 tics to 512.

29. Doubled the magic cost of Nayru's Love (from 32 to 64, or half of an 8-unit, un-doubled magic meter).

30. Added the "Magic" cheat to the menu in the Zelda engine and moved it and the "Life" cheat to a submenu of a newly-created "Refill" menu (which takes the position of the life cheat menu).

31. Took the cheat keys out of brackets in the cheat menu in the Zelda engine.

32. Fixed the bug with combos in older quests reverting to cset 0 for their next combo.

33. Nayru's Love Shield now draws more tightly on Link (before, there was the possibility of sprites getting drawn between Link and the Nayru's Love Shield).

34. Fixed the bug with warping to screen 80 when picking up a Triforce shard.

35. Fixed the bug where the Misc Colors editor would crash upon use.

36. Fixed the bug where triple buffering would occasionally cause screen noise.

37. Fixed the bug where using the mouse wheel in the map flags selector dialog would cause the selected map flag to change after the dialog is closed.

38. The screen opening/closing effect is now locked back to a circle again. Later (maybe in the next version, or whenever the warp system is revamped), this will be selectable.

39. Added the tics -> seconds converter to the screen data dialog.

40. Fixed the bug where the mouse pointer wasn't showing up in the palette grabber.

41. Fixed the bug in the palette grabber where the buttons weren't responding to the mouse in the top 5 pixels of the buttons and were being redrawn incorrectly when clicked.

42. Modified the palette grabber screen to remap the colors so the buttons try to draw as closely to the correct colors as possible, even when a vastly different palette is loaded.

There are a few minor known issues with this release that I am working on. Most notable are:
    -The leech progress window doesn't update based on seconds if selected, just on tiles.
    -The following Import/Export options are broken:
    Map
    DMaps
    Palettes
    String Table

Anyway, here are the files.

Zelda Classic 2.10 for Windows
    +zelda-w.exe
    +zquest-w.exe

Zelda Classic 2.10+ Windows Support Archive
    +alleg41.dll

Zelda Classic 2.10+ Support Archive for DOS/Windows
    +many files

Zelda Classic 2.10 for DOS
    +zelda.exe
    +zquest.exe

EDIT BY FCF:
    ZC2.10 For Dummies :waggle:
    Zelda Classic 2.10 for Windows Installer
    +This contains and installs everything you need for ZC on windows
    +Includes Nightmare's DemoEx quest
    -okay... so it doesn't include DirectX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    14.9%

Re: Zelda Classic 2.10

Wow thank you DN for this New Year Day present!!!!
    This is a great day for all ZC Questmakers

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    81.34%

2.10?

Hey that's excellent! I register here and they almost immediately release a new version. Maybe I should start creating quests now. I didn't like the old editor.

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.39%

-_-' This version ended up making my custom sfx.dat files not work anymore. Is there a chance of a sfx.dat file upgrader? o.O

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    67.36%

Oh sh... Is this actually REAL?! It must be! Thanks DN, greatly appreciated! I can now restore a corrupted quest, and soon enough get to start on my biggest project I've been planning for several months...

Happy new year, indeed!

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    68.9%

Oh. My. God.
    ^_^ TA VERY MUCH, DN. This is good news indeed.
    Quite, a Happy new year to you all.
    P A N G O L I N
    My MPQ Points:

-->My Blog

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    89.96%

Hmm...Maybe it's just me, but I can't seem to get ALT+Enter to swap between windowed and full screen . Should I hold Alt first or something? (right now I'm on Windowed)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

ZQuest works fine with alt-enter, but the game itself doesn't. Try the "-fullscreen" command-line switch.
    "Walking around naked is a health issue. Forinstance, if you walk around naked and aren't a hot woman, people like me are a threat to your health when we start shooting at you."
    -Mottzilla

Lynel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    89.96%

I'm hoping I just need the -fullscreen switch...I seem to be having issues trying to run Dr. Wily's Revenge on 2.10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.89%

Sick Bug Re: Zelda Classic 2.10

Thank you ever so much!

I was just looking if I had an answer from a request to get a newer version than the beta 187 that was available for a while last winter, and look what I have just found! :)

Thanks again for the job well done!
    Odanaki

Thread Information