There was something I wanted to mention here: first of all, I have seen multiple versions of FF clones (from 1-V) made on various RPG Maker (mainly 2K3, and VX) and I think they captured the spirit of the games failry well. Much as this project, if completed, will do.

That said, I have to point our my problems with RPG Makers (the ones I have used). They do not seem to implement a common thing in most of the later FF titles, which is the ability to cast certain spells at one or multiple enemies. In most FF games (the first one being the only exception that presently comes to mind), you could cast most elemental-based spells--let's say Blizzara for example--on one single enemy or the entire enemy party, at your option. RPG Maker doesn't seem to allow this--you have to make a separate spell to target multiple enemies, which can really bog down a character's spell list. I have to say that I have not had the opportunity to use VX so I don't know if this feature was implemented in that one.

My other problem with RPG Maker was the difficulty I encountered in trying to use music files from outside the games included files. In some cases the files would not show up on the list at all, and in others, they would show up but not play.

Anyway, just my two cents.