Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.83%

Post *** Shattered Earth FAQ ***

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A listing of frequently asked questions pertaining to Shattered Earth

Question: How do I install this thing?

From the download link here <OMITTED UNTIL RELEASE>.

Inside the .rar are a few programs and some DLLs. You will most likely want to run the "install_eo_runtimes" program to get most of the required files.

Put a copy of MSINET.OCX in your System32 folder.

Depending on your version of Windows you will have to set the game to run in Windows XP compatibility mode. Run it as Administrator.

Run the Shattered Earth.exe program. It will automatically download the required files (the client, graphics, sounds, maps, etc) for you. When it has finished it will automatically start the client up for you.

You should always boot up the game through the Shattered Earth Auto Updater, else you will not get the latest content.

Question: What are all of the controls?

The ARROW KEYS are used for movement. You can move in the four cardinal directions.

Holding SHIFT will let your character run.

CTRL is used to attack, mine, fish and to talk to NPCs. Holding down the key will result in the same speed of attack as mashing the key - but it doesn't send data packets as often, so it causes less stress on the server. </protip>

ENTER is used to pick up items off the ground.

The END key will let you rotate your character in place.

Question: How do I get to my inventory, magic, etc?

Your character job class sprite, level, and equipment are shown on the default status window. (this window gets covered by the inventory and magic windows when they are opened)

There are a series of buttons surrounding your stats (strength, endurance, etc).

The top button will show/hide your inventory.

The middle button will show/hide your magic.

The bottom button will open the sound options menu.

The far right button will open the trade menu if you are standing next to someone you wish to trade with. You must first target that player. Once they accept the trade menu will appear for you to drag and drop items into for trade.

Question: How do I equip my gear?

Simply double-click the item in your inventory to equip. You can unequip any equipment by equipping another piece of equipment that uses the same slot, or by clicking on the equipment from the regular status screen.

You can drag and drop everything in your inventory to organize it however you like.

Question: How do I use magic?

You first need to have learned magic. You can learn new spells by double-clicking a magicite shard in your inventory. Doing so will add the corresponding spell to your magic inventory.

Open your magic inventory and find your spell. (you can drag and drop your spells to organize them just like your inventory).

Select the recipient of your spell by targeting them (click on them so the hard cursor locks onto them)

Double click the spell to begin casting. All spells have a charge time and a cool-down time, and they all consume MP.

Question: Do HP and MP automatically recover over time?

Nope. I know this was true for the original Shattered Earth, but I've removed that. You will need to buy foods or potions to restore these vitals - or find a healing area.

Question: What the heck do you mean you can mine and fish?

Just that. You can dig up ore deposits in caves and go fishing at certain areas in the game. You will need the correct tools to do so, however (pickaxes to dig, fishing poles to fish).

Question: What is the point of digging and fishing?

Through mining you can obtain various materials that you can synthesize into weapons and equipment. Fishing lets you catch fish, but there may be other things you catch as well.

Question: How does Synthesis work!?

It's a two step process. You need some schematics, and then the ingredients. Once you have the required ingredients, double-click the schematics and you will synthesize your new item!

You can synthesize items anywhere, as long as you have all of the items.

Not all schematics will say what items you need. Some schematics will come in pieces, requiring you to get all the pieces before you can make anything.

Last edited by MasterSwordUltima; 12-10-2012 at 05:49 AM. Reason: People seem to be stoked about mining and fishing. Neat.

Thread Information