Yay! Somebody makes interest for discuss! In Soviet Russia Elements cast you!

Yes, I think states, status, and elements should be able to affect each other (In fact they already can). Other examples could be Freeze and Burn, where freeze adds slow and makes it so a critical hit shatters the player, and maybe burn cancels it out as well.

I also want to take those kinds of ideas a step farther also - and implement all these types of couplings to work with passive abilities, equipped item factors, attacks, and spells too. For example: a passive ability like "levitate" would always override the "anchor" effect, so if fighting the Earth Dragon you can equip accessories with the factor "Levitate" so it cannot be canceled. As you can imagine this gets complicated really fast. :) Of course as the actor script classes get done it'll just sorta work itself out. Example: in "CalculateSpellDamage(caster, spell)" you can just check for states that would modify or cancel (or reflect, or absorb, etc..) the damage.

It's actually up to revision 216 now (I'm just very bad at keeping up with what is done). I've just been busy lately and am still stuck on getting the GUI and Particle System classes done first.

I always like to hear new ideas as well.
What about this: Float vs. Lightning!? What happens when the player isn't grounded??