150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.44%
    So everybody participating should be finished with 3rd quest by now. What do you think of the quest?

Personally, I think that despite the very steep difficulty curve at the start, once you adapt to the difficulty it is exhilarating to press on. It does sort of spoil you for easier quests, though, because you get used to jumping at every little enemy motion.

Anybody else have something they'd like to say about their experiences with the quest?

The Time-Loop Continues ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.21%
    Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
    Anybody else have something they'd like to say about their experiences with the quest?
    It's pretty much the best NES-styled quest ever made, and still remains as such today. I will point out it's only weaknesses (IMHO) though:

1) Too much grinding. 2 fewer "Feed the Goriya" rooms, and maybe one less "Life or Money" would greatly improve the flow of the game.
    2) Too many 6-statue rooms in LV8 and LV9.
    This post contains the official Gleeok seal of approval. Look for these and other posts in an area near you.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    12.65%
    I can't decide wherever it is a good quest or not.
    On one hand, the difficulty suits a 3rd quest very well and it does a good job at following the NES limitations.
    On the other hand, the quest uses a number of cheap tricks to make it harder and eventually made me quit. Forced jinxes are okay if you have access to renewable weapons like the Wand and Red Candle but they are not when you don't. I was forced to use a potion in Level 6 because I ran out of rupees and bombs against the hordes of Blue Goryias in the rooms after a forced jinx. Another serious problem with the quest are the large numbers of 'trap' rooms which send you back to the start of the dungeons. Unless you learn the patterns they come in each level very quickly, you are going to suffer horribly in the later levels because Alphadwag decided to be a complete jerk and punish you dearly based on luck. That is just plain bad design.
    The Legend of Zelda: Zelda's Last Wish.
    Progress: 99% complete. (Overworld: 100%, Dungeons: 99% overall).
    ETA: Pending.
    Beta/Demo: Out now!

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.44%
    Well we've passed the half-way point for the 4th quest play-through (If you're participating, you should be in dungeon 6 by now). If you're lost, I highly recommend looking up some 'Lets Play' videos on the quest; Pixcalibur has a particularly useful series for both 3rd and 4th.

Everyone should try to beat 4th quest by October 5th so that we can begin with the first 5th quest submission the next week. As master of scheduling, I'm cracking the whip on this one! ...Well, not really.

Thread Information