User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 5th: First Week (Miller, Nightmare, CJC)

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.44%
    Quote Originally Posted by zcfan27330 View Post
    Beat Level 1 of Nightmare 5th, can't find a blue candle to light up the dark rooms in Level 1 to see if I missed anything. Now looking for Level 2. Have found Level 4
    Level 2 in Nightmare5th is in a familiar place, but requires an unusual means to uncover. You DO have the tool necessary to enter, though... since you've beaten Level 1. You will find the blue candle within. There's nothing of note in the darkness of Level 1, but you will want to return when you have the Whistle so you can deal with that Digdogger. Trust me on this one.

EDIT
    5thNightmare
    Finished 5thNightmare, 73 deaths (did better than I did on 3rd.qst, still not as good as I'd like).

First, the last bug that I've discovered: The backtrack from the 'road to Ganon' in Dungeon 9. If you run out of bombs against the Dodongos and try to go back to the other part of the dungeon, instead of a passageway you encounter an empty item room. This effectively traps you if you run out of bombs and forces you to reset the game.

Second, the HYPOCRISY! You yelled at me for having special bosses that take more than 8 hits to beat with the SECOND STRONGEST sword, and yet you have rooms with enemies that take 8 hits each from the STRONGEST sword. One such shutter room requires 64 stabs to clear, whereas my boss battle would have involved 12.

Other than being a little tedious with shutter doors (especially so when Gold Darknuts were involved), this quest is a solid competitor. It is VERY hard, and in some cases unfairly so (Dungeon 5 is a good example of this), but since this is the last 'official' quest and you need to beat 4th to play it, I suppose that is alright.
    Last edited by CJC; 10-26-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.38%
    Bugs fixed.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.44%
    Miller5th
    Currently in Dungeon 6... have found all relevant materials (key, map, compass, candle) and I've purchased the Blue Ring, but I'm still not ready to head for the boss yet. Is the Letter in this game? And if so, is it hidden on the World map or contained in one of the dungeons? Finally, if the first question's answer is yes, may I have a hint as to its location?

EDIT: I suppose a better question is... can I get another secret heart at this point? I've found three so far.

How many licks to get to the center Chris Miller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    38.8%
    By now, you can get all the secret hearts. :)
    As for the letter, well, wasn't there a potion shop near the first Level 1?

Download Lands of Serenity today! You will be knocked comatose by its sheer awesomeness.
    The Titan's Quest, best played in the bathroom as the excitement can be somewhat...overwhelming.

Official AGN Discord Channel

Official ZC Dev Discord Channel

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.44%
    Miller5th
    Finished dungeons 6 and 7, found dungeons 8 and 9. Soon this quest will be under my power!

Still haven't found the last two hidden hearts, but it's not as big a problem now that I have access to potions.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.44%
    (Sorry for Double Post, significant change in direction of discussion)

For those of you playing the meat-grinder known as CJC5th.qst, there has been an update! I've adjusted Level 2 slightly to make it less of a murder box (it is much more likely that you will chance across the bow and arrow now... pay attention to symmetry and bombable walls. Even if you miss it, if you can get past the Pols in Gohma's brow you will find the bow and arrow eventually... albeit painfully).

A couple (well, a lot of) hints if you are struggling:

• There is ONE free heart in the overworld... you can get it with the ladder after you find it in Level 3. The remaining four free hearts are in 'dungeon gauntlets' near a corresponding dungeon. You can complete a gauntlet once you have completed the dungeon 3 stages later than the gauntlet. Ama will warn you what you need. For example, Dungeon 4 has the boots, which are necessary to clear Gauntlet 1. You can identify the gauntlets by virtue of the fact their entrances have no visible doors (all other dungeon entrances will have at least one visible door). All dungeon gauntlets are within one screen of a dungeon entrance of the level they correspond to.
    • Bribe people... bribe them for EVERY possible value. They will not take your money and laugh, I promise.
    • You will have to make some tough decisions regarding Heart Containers and Equipment... choose wisely. In general, if you pick a Heart Container the quest will get HARDER, but you will be rewarded in the end "Prove your Courage".
    • Early dungeons have one or two visible entrances and one or two secret entrances. Dungeon 5 is the branch-off, with two apparent yet distinct entrances (it is also the first dungeon NOT to have a Heart gauntlet). After Dungeon 5, remaining dungeons all have 2 to 4 completely secret entrances, except Dungeon 9 which has one blatant entrance. You'll get a very important tool in Dungeon 5... USE IT! Use it lots!
    • It is best to enter a dungeon with full health. Try to have a good supply of bombs as well. In lieu of hidden Hearts, the overworld is peppered with bomb upgrades. If you are struggling with enemies, use bombs; you won't regret it.
    • The rupee cap is 255. You cannot purchase the blue ring, so I recommend buying keys when your wallet gets too full. It will help with Dungeon 8.
    • After Dungeon 1, try to enter each dungeon with the bait. You will usually find bait in a dungeon... but the quest has a sucker-punch in the middle and it doesn't hurt to be prepared.
    • Passageways may not necessarily lead back to the place they started. Level 3 will teach you this.
    • Mazes in dungeons are more familiar than they may seem. Look at the scenery. The last dungeon maze occurs in Level 7, and requires a tool from Level 5 to solve.
    • Mazes on the World Map are not where they used to be, and their paths are different. Some can be solved based on riddles given from bribes... one in particular is told by monsters hiding in various places... and if you're absolutely stumped try that tool from Level 5.
    • You do NOT have to kill every enemy in every dungeon. You will be rewarded if you do... though sometimes the rewards are worse than you'd like (Pay attention to monster types... if the room seems too easy, there's a reason. Traps spring up starting with Level 3).
    • If you're REALLY lost, open the quest! It is unpassworded so feel free to poke around in ZQ and find your way.

How many licks to get to the center Chris Miller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    38.8%
    Quote Originally Posted by CJC View Post
    Miller5th
    Finished dungeons 6 and 7, found dungeons 8 and 9. Soon this quest will be under my power!

Still haven't found the last two hidden hearts, but it's not as big a problem now that I have access to potions.
    "SOUTH OF OLD LIFE SECRET."
    Look south of an old heart container spot. And look a few screens east of that for another. :3

Download Lands of Serenity today! You will be knocked comatose by its sheer awesomeness.
    The Titan's Quest, best played in the bathroom as the excitement can be somewhat...overwhelming.

Official AGN Discord Channel

Official ZC Dev Discord Channel

Thread Information