Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    85.32%

[5th Quest Entry] BtjCraft's 5th Quest Entry

YAY! I'm so happy I got this done! I really enjoyed putting this thing together, and I tried my best with this quest.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ja...sEntry_1.2.zip

Well...here it is. Included is the quest itself, a little guide that reports the location of the secrets in the game and has bios of the new enemies so you have a better idea of what to expect, and an update log.

[Edit]
    The quest is no longer passworded and the Level 4 Cheat has been enabled. (The cheat code is "5")

[Edit 2]
    Hey, look, I'm back, yay. Anyway, the quest has been repassworded and the cheat is gone.

Please report any bugs, errors, abnormalities, etc. and submit feedback.

Anyway, enjoy!

[Brief Version History]
    v1.1: Several changes are made and a Level 6 related bug is fixed.
    v1.11: Some bug fixes.
    v1.12: Defaulted many of the strings, and a few other things.
    v1.121: Fixed a couple of embarrassing mistakes.
    v1.2: Increased the difficulty (hopefully by a decent amount).
    Last edited by BtjCraft; 05-25-2014 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Quest Update
    Current quests in progress:
    • Race For Power

chiubicabachiukicaca
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    91.35%
    woo doggies, this was pretty fun, but fairly easy. I never bought the blue ring and played through level 6 for tonight at least. The dungeons get drawn out but I like the spelling theme to help navigate. Your item order is bonkers, but I managed to find the red candle, bracelet, ladder, raft, magic boomerang, both swords, the red candle, letter, wand and maybe one other thing. I'll try and finish up this weekend :)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    85.32%
    I thought the quest seemed pretty easy, but I wanted to get some feedback on it first before I make any modifications on the difficulty. So, unless if you prefer it to be easy, expect a raise(but not a big raise) in difficulty soon. Although, I'm pretty sure that the difficulty really starts to kick in at Level 7, and there isn't anymore spelling from that point forward, but Level 7 is pretty linear so navigation there shouldn't be too difficult.

But, is my item order really bonkers? I didn't try to make it that way. Oh well, it's nice being abnormal.
    • Race For Power

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.26%
    Voting is now open for this quest. Vote for as many categories as you please, but be sure to vote before tax day!

Also, please post in this thread stating which categories you selected and explaining why you picked those categories.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.26%
    You might want to change your White Sword string back to something more traditional. There's no reason to use this as a political platform; it's just describing the color of the metal. If you prefer, you can utilize the original term: "Noble Sword".

EDIT
    I've noticed other strings are unorthodox. Just a heads up that that might lead to low marks in the contest; players will be expecting cryptic messages like the original game.

Found the red candle and am grateful for the boost in weaponry. Also found Level 7 and the Silver Arrow... though I have no bow with which to use it! Still looking for level 2.

One bug: You've placed too many raft flags around the piers on the eastern sea, and one in particular is causing a glitch. Between the two piers you are supposed to cross for the HC puzzle is a raft flag that triggers when the player tries to double back and--if triggered--gets Link stuck on his ladder, leaving only a quit and continue to escape. You really only need the flags on the last pier going North, I recommend removing all other flags on the screen.

Where's the key shop?

Found Level 2. The dungeon's color is a little weird. Ah, it's the wrong CSet! I can tell because it reverts to normal color when the room darkens. Is that intentional?

Level 2 Boss Room: If the player runs out of money, the only option to end the battle is to die or quit. I recommend removing the south shutter to prevent this instance, or adding a staircase back to start.

Found out about the Eagle Dungeon Glitch after I wasted a key on Level 3. I cannot continue in the dungeon without a key shop and I cannot find it.

Dungeon 5 seems to be short a key as well, you may wish to check that. I used the L4 cheat as supplied in the txt file to bypass these problems for now.

I have to say Dungeon 6 is quite interesting. I have never before dared to brave Wizrobes without the blue ring, and the MirrorRobe fight was interesting (but a little drawn out, maybe lower his health a little?). You need to place a hint somewhere in the dungeon, though, telling the player where to look after retrieving their prize.

Check your overworld secrets, especially the whistle door on Screen 7A. There are a few caves instead of stairs.

If you re-enter Level 7, you will be unable to escape without quitting or dying. Also, the boss room has no escape if you run out of rupees save death. You can fix both by putting a 'back to start' staircase in the boss room.

In Level 9, if you do not defy the arrows and get the Magic Key, you risk being unable to complete the game. You either need to drop keys in each of these rooms to replenish the key spent, or supply a means of purchasing keys (because there is not a key shop).

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.26%
    Finished the quest.

I can say Level 6 was the best dungeon I've played for this contest. The rest of the quest was a little lackluster, though; there was very little hidden in most of the dungeons and a lot of the rooms were plain.

Overworld secrets were good. Level 9 Boss Rush was also good. My favorite boss in this quest was the Twin Summoners, followed closely by the Mirrorrobe. Splitting darknuts were also a nice touch.
    Ganon fight was hard: had to use both potions. That's a good thing.

Didn't really understand the eternal flame puzzle, and decided not to bother since I was so close to the end anyway. I'm guessing...
    Spoiler: show
    It has something to do with the letters that make up the maps of the dungeons

Completely missed the blue ring, bumped up to Red in Dungeon 8.

You can see my bug report in the previous post; keep an eye on those secret combos!

Anyway, thank you for making this quest.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    85.32%
    Thanks for pledging and thorough reviewing, CJC. I'll make sure that I make some changes accordingly.

(By the way, keys can be found for 100 rupees in screen 66, and for 80 rupees in screen 34(you can also find the blue ring here).)

And, you're welcome!
    • Race For Power

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.13%
    After some discussion, here's your review:

Difficulty: 0/100

Easier than the First Quest. No secrets used. No statues. No challenge.

NES Authenticity: 20/100

Octorocks On Cracks (which we told you not to use)
    Death Knights (which we told you now to use)
    2 Entrances on Level 6.

Fun Factor: 0/100

Parody not appreciated
    Offensive Material (White Sword and Letter screens)
    Barely any use of the enemy editor

Overall: 6.67/100 OK, I'm being polite about this, but this was a really really bad quest. It was easily the worst of the bunch I played and the potential DQ candidates would probably score better if scored directly. Also, I did not appreciate the South Park Zelda parody that was tried, it was awful and not funny at all, and could get AGN into trouble with Nintendo and other sources. Avoid this at all costs please, there are better quests to play.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nightmarejames YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/nightmarejames

Game Projects
    Zelda Classic:
    Completed: Zelda NES Remastered, Demo 1st Quest, Demo 2nd Quest, James Quest: Remastered (V 2.1), Memorial Quest, New Quest 2 2015. New Quest: Rebuilt
    In development: Demo SP, James Quest: Remastered (V 3.0)t, 6QI

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    29.83%
    Apart from that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the show?

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    29.83%
    Truth be told, that review was so scathing that I felt compelled to download and play it before it got erased!

Through 5 levels now, with all 5 OVW HCs, the Blue Ring, and the Magic Sword. I got plenty of criticisms to voice once I'm done it, but I do feel the previous review to be ... [Carl_Spackler]a little harsh.[/Carl]

(I do agree that the reference to 'racism' needs to go. The 'letter' joke, well, that was done in 'Ocarina of Time', so it's hard to argue.)

Thread Information