20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.41%
    Yeah, I figured if you press nothing for a short while, the guard swaps out with the other guard who lets you out. I enjoyed the subtle Metal Gear reference there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.7%
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSwordUltima View Post
    Yeah, I figured if you press nothing for a short while, the guard swaps out with the other guard who lets you out. I enjoyed the subtle Metal Gear reference there.
    LOL if there was a metal gear reference, I was sadly oblivious to it... I actually had in mind a puzzle from Oracle of Ages where the owl statue tells you that a silent watch was needed. To solve the puzzle you need to do nothing for a time and the armos blocking your way comes to life after awhile. I also figured that if the guard told you enough times to quiet down, you'd get it...
    The Legend of Zelda: The River of Destiny

Coming Soon! Play the Demo!

クールな男
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.41%
    The "Hey keep it down in there" line the guard says. That's like 90% similar to how the guard (Johnny) acts in Metal Gear Solid for whenever you make various sounds. Sometimes just by walking. Unintentional or not, I still enjoyed the similarity - it goes well with the humor.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.7%
    I guess we were all reminded of different games. I thought of Chrono Trigger. I figured after a certain amount of pestering the guard might try to teach me a lesson. When that didn't happen I figured it was just a matter of time. When that took to long I switch to another window to do something else and then the secret triggered.

Also, I didn't really notice the map. I just figured it had the same useless map of most Zquests and didn't really need it anyway. I can tell by the little mini dungeon intro what your later dungeons might be like and a good map will be very handy. I will probably poke in the quest to explore a bit more but it didn't seem like it was possible to reenter the dungeon. I really got a kick out of how you told the story. As a person that despises long quest intro I can honestly say I didn't feel like blowing my brains out or boredom quittting once. Also, enjoyed that your NPCs all had interesting stuff to say though the town was pretty cluttered and hard to move around in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.7%
    I would agree that that town is a bit cluttered. I'm trying to fit a lot into one screen.

On another note, the Demo has been updated to provide a major improvement to the map screens. Previously, the map was accomplished using an auto-warp that brought you to a map screen. As a result, when you exited the map and warped back, the screen reset. I reworked the script to display the map on Layer 7 of the current screen and freeze the screen underneath. As a result the screen does not reset. It works so much better now. I made a brief youtube video demonstrating the map functions.

http://youtu.be/Ausz-kCi4rk

Oh and also, Chrono Trigger was part of the inspiration for the Jail puzzle. I always remembered how LONG it seemed like you were in the jail there and I wanted to capture that, but with a twist... the harder and longer you try to get out, the longer it will be until you actually get out, lol.

Edit: On second thought, I may be thinking of the Jail scene in an old SNES game called "Illusion of Gaia."
    Last edited by Floundermaj; 01-19-2015 at 05:01 PM.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.27%
    Tried it, love, it, waned to kill the jail scene. can not wait until the next update!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.7%
    Today I've completed Level 1 of the quest and uploaded a Demo of Level 1 for all to Share and Enjoy. This is a limited demo, only containing the Title screen and Level 1, nothing else. Link has been pre-equipped for the dungeon, and given some extra potions.

This Demo is primarily for the purpose of testing the dungeon, so if anyone is willing to perform a thorough test and give me some advice and whatnot, feel free. I'm particularly concerned with Balancing the difficulty.

Also, I'm always open to suggestions and criticisms; don't hold back.

Link to the Demo is in the OP, but I'll put it here also

http://1drv.ms/1v3G3Jd

Have fun and please give me feedback!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92.7%

Cool State of the Quest

I'm happy to say that this Quest is alive!

I'm actively working on this quest, though to be honest work is slow. I'm finding that there is an incredible amount of work to bring this quest to life!

Here is a quick rundown of the various game elements, a brief description, and their status:

Game World
    Level 0 - Overworld - There are 2 main BS-type overworlds, North and South Hyrule. Status: Complete!
    Level 1 - Goriya Lair - The desert headquarters of the Goriya, filled with quicksand and Lanmolas. Status: Complete!
    Level 2 - Moblin Fortress - An ancient, abandoned fortress on a cliff overlooking a forest, taken over by the Moblins, but filled with ancient guards and booby traps. Status: Not Started.
    Level 3 - Ice and Vire Peak - A snow covered and icy mountain with a fiery interior, home to Vires. Status: Not Started.
    Level 4 - Kings's Tomb - The Ancient catacombs and tomb of an old King of Hyrule. What relic did this king hide there? Status: Not started.
    Level 5 - Midoro Ruins - The ruins of the old Palace in Midoro Swamp. Status: Not Started.
    Level 6 - Island Ruins - The ruins of the old Palace on Crescent Island. Status: Not Started.
    Level 7 - Parapa Ruins - The ruins of the old Palace in Parapa Desert. Status: Not Started.
    Level 8 - Hyrule Castle - Battle for the fate of Hyrule! Status: Not Started.
    Level 9 - Temple of Light - Travel the River of Destiny to the Final Battle! Status: Not Started.
    Level 10 - Underwater Overworld - There are 2-full overworlds to explore of Underwater Hyrule. Status: Complete!
    Level 11 - Hyrule Castle Dungeon - Mini-dungeon, escape from Hyrule Castle through a secret tunnel! Status: Complete!
    Level 12 - Rauru Labyrinth - Mini dungeon, hidden under Rauru town, a classic 7-circuit labyrinth with a fearsome beast in the center. Status: In progress.
    Level 13 - Ruto Windmill - Mini Dungeon, The central windmill in the mountain town of Ruto. Status: Not Started.
    Level 14 - Death Mountain - Mini Dungeon, Scale the Mountain and it's maze of caves to recover the most famous artifact of all! Status: Not Started.
    Level 15 - Spectacle Rock - Mini Dungeon, The Entrance to Death! Status: Not Started.
    Caves - Many underground and secret areas all over Hyrule and under the water. Status: In progress.
    Interiors - Many houses, shops, chapels, and other buildings scattered around Hyrule. Status: In Progress.
    Prologue Area - A small area that begins the story. Status: Complete!
    Possibly other Areas - TBD

Game Engine
    Subscreen - Complete!
    Game Controls - Complete!
    Diving Suit/ Underwater System - Complete!
    Custom Map System - Complete!
    Other custom Scripts - TBD

Cutscenes
    Opening Splash and Title Screens - Complete!
    Prologue - Complete!
    Begin Main Quest - Complete!
    Mid Quest - Not Started.
    End Quest - Not Started.
    Epilogue - Not Started.
    End Credits and Splash screens - Not started.
    Boss Cutscenes - TBD

Other
    NPCs - In Progress.
    Sidequests - In Progress.
    Enemies - In Progress.
    Items - In Progress.

As you can see I have a lot of work to do. I will update this post as I complete the various game elements. Note that anything in the list above marked complete may be tweaked as development continues.

I hope to get this quest done by the end of this year.

As always, check out the demos, and let me know what you think!

Thread Information