0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.63%

Questions about dungeons, and warping

Hi!
    I have a couple question about dungeons and warping and such.
    1:
    My entrance/exit in and out of level 1 works perfectly.
    However, I tried doing the exact same thing for other levels, and it does not work.
    I went into the map count, and set the number of maps to 10.
    I went into the dmap editor, and defined level 2 to use map 3. (over world uses map 1, and level 1 uses map 2)
    I set it as an NES dungeon.
    I set up the warps in and out of the dungeon, as well as starting positions. I go to test it. Nothing. The entrance just takes me into an empty cave.
    What am I doing wrong?

2:
    When I play tested my first dungeon, everything went great, except for the triforce. After picking it up, instead of it taking me back to the overworld, it warped me to one of the item cellars.
    Again, what am I doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated! Let me know if you need any further explanation of the problems.
    Thank you very much!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.45%
    First off, hello @BluePenMan and welcome to AGN!

I haven't done ZQuest in a while but it sounds like your problem could be confusing Maps with DMaps. They are two different things and DMaps are typically what you refer to when setting up warps.

My suggestion is to go here and look at this site which has a tutorial for how to set up a dungeon: http://zcguides.celestialrealm.net/t...s/main/ch03-01

If you scroll those through pages it will give you more than just tips on how to set up the warps. The warps for setting up the dungeon entrance is in part 2 and setting up the Triforce room is in part 9. I hope this helps!

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.98%
    Actually, the problem is being caused by the warp type you've set on those screens.

For the dungeon entrance:

1.) Make sure the overworld screen's Tile Warp type is Entrance/Exit. It sounds like you have it set to Cave/Item Cellar. Also, make sure the warp you're editing matches the combo that the warp corresponds to (So if the combo says "Stair Warp A", make sure you're editing "Tile Warp A" on that screen. There are four possible tile warps per screen, which you can edit independently using the tabs in the Tile Warp menu.
    2.) Make sure the dungeon screen's Side Warp type is Entrance/Exit, AND that the side of the screen that corresponds to the entrance is labeled with the correct letter. In the Side Warp menu you'll see a square with four boxes. Clicking on one of those boxes will change the blank to A, B, C, D, and then back to blank. You'll want to set the box that corresponds to your entrance to the warp you've connected to the Overworld.
    3.) Test both of these warps with the 'Go' button. If nothing happens, the warp type is still set to Cave/Item Cellar.
    4.) For the Triforce Room, you must set Side Warp A (It HAS to be A) to an Entrance/Exit style warp (It sounds like yours is on Cave/Item Cellar) and set the destination to the screen you wish to warp to when the Triforce is collected (usually the overworld in front of the dungeon entrance). 'A' does not have to be placed on any of the screen sides, this warp is attached to picking up the Triforce item. It is common, however, for some quest makers to make the door out of the room also warp to the dungeon entrance (though that's a matter of style and not function, and it's unusual for a Classic-style quest).

Cave/Item Cellar type warps are only used for taking advantage of a room's type (such as a shop or door repair room). They are useful in classic overworlds because they save on screens (the game only ever uses one cave per map), but they cause confusion when trying to make transitions to other maps.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Gel
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.63%
    CJC,
    Thanks! Turns out I was using the wrong door combo. It works now.
    And you were also right about the triforce. Thank you so much!

Thread Information