Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.83%

3D Classics Series

Anyone pick up any of these games for the 3DS? They're Virtual Console titles with 3D effects added to them. It's a mix of NES and Sega Genesis titles - Excitebike, Kirby, Sonic the Hedgehog, Space Harrier... to name a few. I've picked up two of them, Sonic the Hedgehog and Kirby, and I've gotta say, as weird as the concept sounds, I kinda wish more classic games would get the 3D treatment. It just works so well - sure, it doesn't change the gameplay at all, and 2D platformers don't really seem like an obvious choice for getting the 3D treatment, but it's a nice effect. I just kinda wish more games would get the 3D treatment. For instance, given its style, I think Super Mario Bros. 3 would like absolutely amazing in 3D. I mean, you've already got a world that looks like it's layered like a stage play - the style would go so well with adding some depth to it. I don't know if they plan to give any other classic games the 3D treatment, but I really wish they would.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92%
    I like them quite a bit I have Kirbys Adventures (3D Classic) and the 3D on it is just awesome it adds such nice looks to it!. that reminds me I really need to pick up the other games in the 3D classics as well.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.32%
    I've got Kirby. It's pretty good, but I'll be honest, I can't play with the 3D on for too long on any game.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    92%
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    I've got Kirby. It's pretty good, but I'll be honest, I can't play with the 3D on for too long on any game.
    Same for me I can't play the games with 3D on for very long it really messes with my eyes. But still the 3D classics are pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42%
    I've got Excitebike, Xervious, Kirby's Adventure, and Kid Icarus for 3D Classics. I've considered the Sega games, but I've been saving for a Wii U so I probably won't get them until some time after that.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.05%
    I have the Sonic one, and it's very nice looking, agreed. It's also a solid port, since it has spin dash options and other various options that I don't care about but others might. I don't know that I'll pick up any other 3D Classics games, but I'm glad I got the Sonic one.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    17.83%
    I wonder if I should be concerned, lol, 'cause when I first got my 3DS, I remember I'd get headaches after a while, but these days, I rarely notice any strain from the 3D effect. Which is a good thing, honestly, 'cause for some reason the 3D slider on my 3DS doesn't actually work, so I can't disable the 3D even if I want to.
    The artist formally known as macweirdo42, formally known as weirdguy (it's a long, uninteresting story).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.07%
    I picked up Kid Icarus a few months ago through Club Nintendo. I had never played it before, so I was really curious. Fair warning - it is a brutal game until you level up. I wound up looking up some guides to know the good spots to level up (and also to learn what the many items are). You spend about 10 minutes in these two spots, and then you're set, and the game is much more enjoyable. I really liked the "castle" stages. Reminded me of Zelda a little cause they're like mazes. I highly recommend it though!

Thread Information