41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    24.53%
    Looking over what I found, so many people since (2005?) have had many issues with the quest. Wish I could help more.

I happen to like the real Adventure of Link for NES. It was a good challenge.

The Artist Once Known As Old-Skool QDB Manager
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.36%
    Quote Originally Posted by OkamiTakahashi View Post
    Probably one of the biggest problems with this version of the game is that pLeitorian made you start off with the WOODEN Sword rather than the Magical Sword carried over from LoZ. That and how many enemies appear on screen make this an nightmare. If I knew how to bypass the password in ZQuest and actually use the dang program, I'd fix that and its other numerous problems. Those aside it's easier to deal with than Nintendo's crappy excuse for a sequel.
    Since the Adventure of Link quest is not a direct retelling of Zelda II, this is fairly easy to gloss over. It's more of a game where the maps are based on Zelda II, but is otherwise its own world. pLeitorian totes more as a sequel to his previous quest, "The Longest Journey".

Seriously, starting with the Lv 3 Sword would have broken the game. even in the real Zelda II, that sword is mysteriously watered down even as the magical shield had the exact same defensive capabilities as in its topdown predecessor.

Zelda II isn't a crappy game though, just a little sequel experimentation that leaves a unique experience. It could have done some things better, but now serves as a gaming gauntlet.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    53.85%
    Well, personally, I can't even get through death mountain on either version.

At least start out with the White Sword for this- it'd make Death Mountain easier. It's such a pain having to wait till after Dungeon 2 to get it when Death Mountain is so hard with a crappy wooden sword.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.36%
    starting with the white sword would be story inconsistency from the first game.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    53.85%
    So is starting with the wooden sword, and you said yourself starting with the Magical Sword would be OP. Is there no happy medium? Unless you just rename the Swords like "Magical Sword Level 1", etc etc. I think that would be a fair compromise. That way there's no canon breaking. Plus why have the Master Sword in when it was nowhere in the original two games? Imo the Magical Sword is a replacement for the Master Sword- maybe not as powerful, but with it nowhere to be found...

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.36%
    it is called that, pretty much.

Also, why are you complaining when the quest isn't supposed to be based directly on the game? This is very pointless nitpicking regarding the master sword.

Gel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    53.85%
    Apologies. I keep forgetting that it's not supposed to be exactly the same for whatever reason.

Thread Information