219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.79%
    Using my natural Elven sense of direction, I make my way through the gourds towards where I believe my companions to be. I am nearly knocked over by a hairy beast wearing a postman's outfit as it runs past me, but it continues on, apparently not concerned with engaging me. Looking back toward where the beast fled from, I see my companions, and approach them to ask what happened.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.02%
    I inform my comrades of my discovery of the person (and quite likely people) in the giant gourds. I admit that I am unsure if freeing them is even possible at this point. They could very well perish if removed for all I know, or they could just simply awake (for any that are still able to do so). However in that case, we would have to worry about defending them until they can escape while a werewolf that may or may not be magically under the owner of the mansion's control. I express that I will follow with whatever idea my comrades elect, as both ideas have their risks. We must think quickly though as the werewolf won't be gone for long, maybe even returning with reinforcements.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.35%
    After verifying that the soldier is not injured, I will inform him and the rest that the patch is a different location than the mansion and is connected by portals that they can't see. I suggest we leave the patch and return to the mansion as soon as we can, explaining that there may be expanded areas of space nearby that contain unknown dangers.
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.98%
    A new challenger approaches!

@SUCCESSOR
    Reven, the ale is starting to clear from your head, and this is most definitely a BAD THING TO HAPPEN. You've been looking for a fresh source of spirits, but there seems to have been some manner of brawl at the tavern and the establishment is closed. You spot a MANSION on the hill up the road. Those guys always have the best booze, so you shuffle to the gates and let yourself in.

It's quiet. You see the FRONT DOORS, as well as a GREENHOUSE and a HEDGE MAZE. You don't have time for games, so you go for the front door. It opens inward, much to your surprise, and as the door swings open you fall, finding that the floor of the entrance hall is missing.
    You dangle from the knob, desperately trying to pull yourself back from the drop. You succeed, barely.
    As you ponder WHO BUILDS A CASTLE WITH NO FLOOR, you notice that there's a ledge you can shimmy around through the front door, with doors to the LEFT and to the RIGHT. You might also be able to climb down to the LOBBY below if you had a rope, or even JUMP DOWN if you're feeling reckless. Otherwise, there might be another way in somewhere on the MANSION GROUNDS.

What do you do?
    ===========================================

@TheDarkOne , @mrz84 , @Xyvol
    Sancireph, Zataka, and Malichor, you reunite at a crossroads in the PUMPKIN PATCH and trade information.
    Zataka informs you all that there appear to be prisoners trapped inside the massive gourds, and he wishes to know if you should ATTEMPT A RESCUE or if you all should ESCAPE THE PATCH before the WEREWOLF returns with reinforcements.
    Malichor checks Zataka for contagious injury and, finding nothing, explains that the three of you have stepped through a portal of DARKSPACE and are probably no longer on the mansion grounds. If you wish to seek the wizard, you will need to find your way out of this place, and MALICHOR can help you avoid further portal confusion.
    Sancireph mentions that the WEREWOLF passed him as he approached, and perhaps it knows a way out of the patch. Even if it is dangerous, it must have some means of leaving this place to hunt for prey or report to its master (if it is indeed controlled by the WIZARD).

You hear a chuckle overhead. What do you do?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.79%
    Drawing my blades, I jump backwards into a defensive stance as I look upward to see who is spying on us. I signal to the mage to be ready with a spell, and hope that the solider has his weapon ready as well.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.71%
    Having just survived a near death experience I sit near the front doors and polish off my ale to unclear my head. Determined to make my way into the house I look around inside to see if there is something that can serve as a rope within reaching distance or some other means to descend such as fixtures or soft furniture to land on. Failing that I have a look around outside not too far from the doors. I have little interest in making my way around the massive grounds. Any places I enter I search all nooks and crannies from items of interest (or spare change). As I search for a means to get into the lobby I think on what might be behind the door to the left and whether I should just give up and make my way through it.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.02%
    I ready the flame enchantment on my greatsword again and prepare for attacks from above. From the sounds of it it isn't the werewolf, though I'm, not taking any chances again.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.35%
    I demand that the voice in the sky tell us who they are.

(Apologies for being late)
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.98%
    @TheDarkOne
    Sancireph, looking around you see only a crow perched on the pumpkin above you. That's odd... it looks like it's SNICKERING. Focusing your attention on it you feel the chill of an INCREDIBLY POWERFUL PRESENCE behind the feathers of the beast.

@SUCCESSOR
    Reven, there's a rather comfy-looking COUCH on the floor below. You might be able to leap to it to cushion your fall. There are no curtains or ropes with which you might climb down, but the VINES growing around the entrance seem sturdy enough. Putting the two together, you take a rather large piece of vine and, using it as a lasso, toss it around the CHANDELIER and swing to the couch, landing on the couch feet first.
    The lobby is stylish but sparse; it's got marble floors and a few places to sit, but is otherwise uninteresting. There are three doors on this floor, one across from where you are seated and two to your right, one on the wall behind you and one that's on the far wall, across from the entrance you nearly fell from earlier. Where will you search?

@mrz84
    Zataka, lighting your sword again you swipe it into the air a few times to intimidate whatever is lurking to attack. You spot a crow perched on the pumpkin above you; it is the only entity of note in the vicinity.

@Xyvol
    Malichor, you call out to the sky, demanding to know who is taking amusement from this situation. The snickering stops. "Damn, I knew I needed to work on laughing more quietly!"

@TheDarkOne , @mrz84 , @Xyvol
    Sancireph, Zataka, and Malichor, the crow perched on the pumpkin above you takes a bow and begins to speak.
    "You've caught me. I am TELIVAR THE GREAT, master Hedge wizard and owner of this mansion. I just can't help laughing at you adventurer types; you make your livelihoods trespassing on properties and tripping over traps, and it's just so amusing to watch. Like scrying on a bunch of inebriated lemmings."
    The crow flies to another pumpkin and turns to face you again.
    "I'll give you props for being attentive. Most adventurers would have chased the werewolf, and been overwhelmed by the rest of the pack. You have enough mind to be cautious, and I respect that. Tell you what: if you can find your way to my study, we can discuss the matter further. I may have an employment opportunity for you."
    With that, the crow flies off. You are alone once more in the pumpkin patch.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.02%
    There is a overwhelming feeling in the back of my head that the hedge wizards isn't one to b trifled with. I suggest for now that we make our way out of the maze and see what he wants. If we encounter the werewolf again, we must be on guard for the rest of its pack. As for the man in the gourd, there really is no choice now but to leave him, as he would be too difficult to protect from attackers. If what the mage says is true, it would be in our best interest to make way to his study as quickly as possible. Until we leave the maze, I keep the flame enchantment active on my greatsword.

Thread Information