87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.47%
    I head in the direction of the water wheel, scanning the surroundings for anything that may be of use. I give the water wheel a bit of special attention, and take further examination of its function, before continuing to head in the direction I am on.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.32%
    After taking a careful note of what types of trees are in the orchard, I consider following the woman. However, I put that thought away as a solo confrontation might prove unwise, even with my armor and greatsword, without any sort of backup. I instead decide to return to the lobby and investigate the noise, being on my guard for any surprises.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.09%
    Yes, wish to carry on the conversation, particularly about the master of the mansion.
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.03%
    Hearing the rat speak as I was examining the billiard table set me at edge. I had been listening out for human s approaching but not on the listen for rodent footsteps, would I have heard them. I sit with the rat and take a drink. I carefully retake in the room. It is not in my nature to be surprised by anything magical or mundane, but I on the alert for a trap. I look for threats and an escape as well as assess the talking rodent. My silence has been notice. I play it off as drunkenness. When the rat floats I laugh too loud. Before he can swap the bottles I finish the glass he poured. "Never too early for Psionics... Or late! What's the hour again?" I chortle the words. "If you are pouring from your reserves I'll tell you anything you care to know!". If I truly am welcome might as well have some fun!

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.39%
    @TheDarkOne
    Sancireph, as you press the button at the base of the statue of the WOMAN, you feel a tremendous sense of peril. You leap back just before a trapdoor opens up beneath you. Looking down, you see it leads to some kind of JAIL CELL. It looks like that button was not the right one to press.
    What do you do?

==================================================

@bigjoe
    Jerias, you travel DOWNSTREAM towards the WATER WHEEL. There is a door near it; you gently open it to find a fully functioning BREWERY, several stories tall. A small utility stairwell goes up four floors. Flocks of birds fly around the devices, apparently performing the necessary maintenance operations. What IS this place?
    What do you do?

@mrz84
    Zataka, upon returning to the LOBBY you find a grand staircase leading up to the front door. It appears to have emerged from the wall you scaled down earlier. There is also a fully furnished walkway on the floor above you, leading to the various second-floor doors of the AVIARY and LIBRARY. You wonder if these stairs were always present, and if something simply made them SOLID.
    What do you do?

@Xyvol
    Malichor, you ask the apprentice about the master of the mansion.
    "He's afraid. He spends so much time in his study now, using rats and crows as ephemeral appendages to bring him what he needs. Ever since we had that brush with that DRAGON he's been terrified of corruption. Honestly it's driving him a little mad; I hope he will feel safe again soon.
    I keep telling him all that gold is a nuisance, even UNDER THE MANSION like that. Dragons love that stuff."
    Toma sighs,
    "I just don't know what to do for him anymore."
    You ask the apprentice specifically about the master's relationship with the bartender.
    "Who? Oh, that guy that buys the herbs. Ugh, don't get me started on that, they're a placebo."
    You ask why the herbs aren't real.
    "Well, they are real enough if you subscribe to the traditional views of magic. But really all they are is a physical object on which someone may place their disbelief, thereby protecting them from magical effects. I could grind up some mint and sell it to you and it would have the same effect if I told you it did."
    He mentioned some place beneath the mansion as if that is where the study is located.
    What do you do?

@SUCCESSOR
    Reven, the rat lets out a deep laugh, full of heart and merriment.
    "Seventh of the post meridian. Ah, it's been so long since I've had a legitimate visitor. It seems nowadays the only people who come around are stuffy apprentices and adventurers looking to snatch my gold! Tell me, what's your story?"
    You tell him your name is Reven and you were out looking for something to fill your flask on this cold autumn night.
    "Ah, a man of the brew I see. Perhaps you'd like to see my brewery, it's down the hall over there. I do rather like to take in the spirits. Merriment, food, parties... oh how I miss them so. My name is TELIVAR, Hedge Wizard, Mayor, Brewmaster, Chocolateer, Magister, Horticulturalist, and Freelance Novelist. I am a collector of titles."
    You ask why he doesn't host parties anymore.
    "People don't take well to my... peculiarities. It has been quite a while since I made an appearance in person; too high a risk of contamination."
    Contamination?
    "Haven't you noticed? No, perhaps it isn't apparent to someone who isn't looking for it. Tell you what, the next time you go for a hike in the woods, count the number of dragons you spot in the sky."
    He pours another drink.
    "Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we'll all be dragged into another dimension."
    You have no idea what this... rat... is talking about. Perhaps he was right about the liquor having a big effect on such a small body.
    What do you do?

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.47%
    I consider my options. I could make a quick snack of several of these birds, but as they appear to be operating machinery, they may be functioning on some higher level and it might be best to leave them alone. I decide to climb the utility stairwell and see if there is anything I can make use of.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.32%
    Weighing my options, I decide to return to the aviary and check on my companion's progress and to report what I've found so far. Once I've checked on him, I'll proceed to the second floor of the aviary and see what I find up there.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.47%
    The other button could lead to more danger, but my elven curiosity gets the better of me. I cross over to the lizard statue and press the button, keeping my senses alert for anything that might happen as a result.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.09%
    "Wait, what? A Dragon?!" I ask to know more about the dragon and the circumstances involved with that encounter. Then, I relate the encounter in the pumpkin patch, the invitation to meet in the study, and the mention of employment. "Do you think Telivar intends to ask us to fight a dragon?" I ask if the study is located under the mansion. I also tell him that there are other adventures searching the mansion currently, and ask if there is an easy way to reach the study. A shortcut perhaps?

(Merry Christmas guys! And a special thanks to CJC for running this game for us!)
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    52.03%
    "This brewery you speak of. I imagine it as anomalous as the rest of this place. I am no stranger of the art myself. The rare ale, spirit, tincture, or such often fetches me good deal or a night off the roads. Before the night is done I shall see it! Maybe I may learn a thing or two or walk away with a prize rarity someone along my way may pay enviously for a sip. It is a shame I may not drink with the man but his proxy.

"I saw a few disgruntled type that fit the adventurer bill. More marauders? They seemed to have had a quarrel with a equally disgruntled woman. A friend of yours? I am not unfamiliar with partaking in merriment in hostile waters but it sounds as if your castle is being hit from all sides. Though, I am certain you are aware as it seems to me your peculiarities do not end with rodents but fowls as well. You don't strike me as the type to just go down with the ship. Tell me, Telivar. What misadventure have I been drawn into?"

The talk of dragons set me at unease, though I by no means fear them(besides the obvious reasonable reasons to fear them, of course). I pull in my cloak trying not to look unsettled.

Thread Information