87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.04%
    I take further steps to immobilize the wizard, not wishing to kill him after witnessing his power. Afterwards, I head in the direction of the gold with my spear drawn, keeping myself prepared for anything that might throw itself at me.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.35%
    The ocean of gold below me is the one Toma mentioned, I am close to my goal. The Lizardman seems to be angry, and I don't care to stick around to find out why. I dive into the stairway and pull the cask facing closed. I inscribe a rune of magical locking on the back of the cask-door. I then descend the stairs.
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.71%
    The burst of light startled me out of a trance. Had the gold mesmerized me? Is that another spell on it or something else? How long had I been there?

Feeling more at unease I head toward the ship. Where else is there to go that doesn't hold more danger? I head toward the study with determination. Maybe Telivar can offer at least some safety or defense from the catastrophe that seems to have erupted around me.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.98%
    @mrz84
    Zataka, you force the door open but there doesn't appear to be any scuffle. In fact, the only person in the room is the hedge wizard TELIVAR, seated at a desk across the room.
    "Hmm, the paladin. Hello."
    You stare at him, perplexed.
    "So are you here for the business proposition, to get questions answered, or just looking for the fellow with the katana? If it's the first two I'm happy to oblige. If it's the last, there's the door."
    What do you do?

======

@TheDarkOne
    Sancireph, you expect the hedge wizard to make some move against you, but much to your surprise he lets you leave without interfering in the slightest. As you step through the door, you find yourself on the mansion grounds by the front door, rather then back on the warship deck like you expected.
    It's snowing. Odd, looking around the scenery isn't what it was when you entered the mansion. Could it have moved? There's a MOUNTAIN to the north, and you can see a village on the path in that direction. To the south is a pair of roads, one going into a FOREST and the other cutting across a PLAIN. The sky is dark but clear, you can see the stars and you notice a LARGE SHADOW cut across the glow of the moon, heading in the direction of the forest.
    What do you do?

======

@bigjoe
    Jerias, you jab the wizard's other leg with your spear so that he cannot run off. Then you dive, through the opening and down into the gold, landing with a splash. Peculiar, you can feel the coins but they move as if they have no solidity. The egg on your back twitches violently and cracks. From it emerges an infant dragon--green--who matches eyes with you and smiles. He speaks with the hauntingly familiar and manipulative voice that clawed at your mind earlier.
    "Ah, such a veritable ocean of gold. And more than that, so much more. Gold that comes and goes, gold that touches every corner of the world. Yes, this will do quite nicely."
    He leaps from the shattered remains of the shell and vanishes into the gold.
    What do you do?

======
    @Xyvol
    Malichor, you seal the cask and make your way down to the sea of gold. You are standing at a dock in a perfectly cubical room roughly fifty yards in each dimension. The room is halfway filled with gold and there is a WARSHIP in the distance. Near you you see two SHOREBOATS resting near you. Remembering what Toma said, you know that the gold is not solid and you will not be able to cross it safely on foot unless you use the boats or somehow dispel the enchantment on the gold.
    Looking up, you see that LIZARDMAN plummet from the ceiling. He lands with a splash in the distance.
    What do you do?

======
    @SUCCESSOR
    Reven, you take one of the shoreboats and row your way to the warship. As you travel the sea of gold a lizard figure plummets from the ceiling, crashing into the coins near you. You make haste with your efforts and pull up to the warship, quickly climbing aboard with the use of a handy grappling hook from your cloak. On deck, there is a door to the CAPTAIN'S CABIN as well as a set of stairs going down. Beyond the cabin door you hear Telivar's voice. He seems to be talking to a PALADIN. The soldier from earlier? Perhaps.
    What do you do?

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.02%
    I first inquire about the other intruders that I have encountered, however briefly, in the mansion and what he knows of them. The lady rogue and the cloaked man. After that, I inquire about the proposition he mentioned from earlier.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.79%
    I am not willing to abandon my companions, the paladin and the mage, to whatever this hedge wizard intends. My options outside the mansion are limited, however, and I strongly suspect the door behind me to be locked. I do not believe I will be able to enter the same way I did before, so I circle around the other side that we did not explore the first time to see if there might be another way inside. I intend to not only find my companions, but also this Toma the wizard spoke of to question him about the wraithwood. I also curse myself for foolishly leaving the root ball in the wizard's study.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.04%
    I swim around and search for a way out of the gold, feeling rather lost as to what my purpose is in life

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.35%
    Dispelling the gold is probably out of my league for now. I expected the lizardman to drop though the hole, I'm just glad it wasn't onto my boat! A boat in the middle of a sea of gold is an odd place for a study, but then again the wizard seems to like strange things. I board a boat and begin to row to the warship.
    <- Play Triforce Quest!

"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love. So If one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
    -Belldandy, Oh My Goddess!

"Who cares if I'm a star up here?" - Minmei, Robotech
    "You bookahs worry too much about external appearances. It's what's inside your skull that counts." - Taimi, Guild Wars 2

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    51.71%
    I try to further disguise myself just in case. I fold in my cloak so it sort of looks like a cape. Pull some leather straps off my boots and bind it around my wrists. The makeshift cape swings back a little showing a scabbard hanging off my belt on the left side but no sword is held in it. I could almost pull off looking like a Ranger that is down on his luck. If anything I look more like an adventurer than a vagrant. I enter the to see what other trouble could be brewing inside the cabin.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.98%
    @mrz84
    Zataka, the hedge wizard mentions that he has encountered the LADY BURGLAR before, roughly a month earlier when she made a failed attempt to steal from his treasury. As for the CLOAKED MAN, Telivar admits having shared a drink with him and describes him as a "Wanderer, intellectual, and a good drinking buddy". That doesn't really answer much, but perhaps the wizard doesn't know much about him either.
    When you ask about the proposition, he clarifies
    "Actually, it's two business proposals, a big one and a small one. Considering your friend's reaction, let's start with the small one."
    He locks eyes with you.
    "You're a paladin, yes? How much do you know about the fabric of magic? The tangible component of it? I'm helping my apprentice do research into such things and scrapings from magical equipment are essential components for such research."
    He hands you a bag. Placing a gold coin into an identical bag on the table, it pops out of the bag you are holding.
    "What you have there is a magical artifact; a Darkspace bag. I made this. I'm certain an adventurer like you will encounter many items like this in your travels. What I desire is simple: take a scraping off of any magical gear you encounter and send the particles through this bag so that I can examine them. I am willing to pay generously for these research components because I am far too indisposed to collect them myself."
    He turns away from a moment, attempting to look dramatic. It's not very effective.
    "As for the other proposition, I-"
    He halts, startled.
    "Wait, you're looking for someone. Who is it that you seek?"
    As he asks, the door opens behind you and a RANGER walks in.
    What do you do?

=====

@TheDarkOne
    Sancireph, as you walking the grounds you pass a HEDGE MAZE. Considering the mansion owner's specialty you suspect it would be unwise to enter such a place alone. Instead, you ignore it and continue to the back of the grounds. There's a gated section of yard overgrown with ivy; you can't see past it. More importantly, though, you see an enormous crater at the back of the mansion as if an entire wing was blasted off of the building. Was that the rumble that knocked you on to the warship? Surely this couldn't be the wizard's doing; why would he demolish his own house?
    The crater dips down into a series of limestone caverns roughly a twenty foot drop down from where you are standing. You can also work your way around its edge to one of two doorways back into the mansion.
    What do you do?

=====
    @bigjoe
    Jerias, unable to track the baby dragon you swim to the WARSHIP to prevent yourself from drowning in the enchanted gold. You claw your way up the side of the vessel until you are able to reach the deck. There's a DOOR to the Captain's Cabin, as well as a stairway leading down to the belly of the ship. The only other feature of note on deck is a BARREL of salt-packed fish and a PILE OF LAUNDRY.
    You have a flash in your head, a memory of that man that glares at you through mirrors. He's on a ship like this. His spear is your spear. He speaks to the crew about his many conquests against the dragon menace. Usually that menacing voice shakes you out of such trances but this time it does not interfere. Was it the baby all along? Was he manipulating you?
    A MAGICIAN climbs on deck. When he sees you, he draws a piece of paper from his robes.
    What do you do?

=====
    @Xyvol
    Malichor, despite the currents of the sea of coins you are able to reach the Warship with little difficulty. Unfortunately you've lost site of that lizardfolk that was swimming in the coins. Upon reaching the warship you take out two pieces of paper, roll them into spikes, and scribe a rune upon them to make them as sharp and hard as metal. These you use to climb to the ship's deck.
    As you climb up to the deck, you see that the LIZARDFOLK has beaten you here. He's standing with a spear in hand, staring at the door to the Captain's Cabin. You instinctively reach for your paper shurikens.
    What do you do?

=====
    @SUCCESSOR
    Reven, using the odds and ends that you keep in your cloak, you begin to tailor your appearance as that of a troubled ranger, hoping that your rapport with Telivar will even out with your presence as another adventurer to give you an unbiased entry into the cabin. As you are finishing your disguise, you see the LIZARDFOLK that fell near your boat climb on deck. Reflexively you drop to the ground, letting the subtle magic in your cloak disguise you as a pile of laundry. Luckily you don't have to wait long for an opportunity to escape; as soon as you hide the MAGICIAN from the lobby boards the deck from the opposite side. While he and the lizardfolk stare at each other you slip into the cabin.
    The SOLDIER from the lobby is inside. Beyond him you see a chubby bald wizard with a great white beard. He's dressed in stereotypical blue robes; almost hilariously so as they even have stars and moons stitched into them. Is he legitimately trying to be a joke, or is he so powerful he can afford to dress like a lunatic?
    As you enter the soldier notices you.
    What do you do?

Thread Information