Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.15%

Board Gamers?

Anyone around enjoy playing board games? I do not mean Family games like Monopoly/Sorry/Risk/ect, rather actual strategic board games.

While I enjoy video games I love the ability to sit down at a table with a group of other players. Since local co-op and LANs seem to be more and more a thing of the past Board Games have been more and more important to me. I currently have just shy of 150 games and have a regular game night where we just play board games. I actually enjoy playing so Much I do demos at local game stores just to get more people into the hobby.

My favorite Type of game is C0-Op, where the players are working together vs the game itself (no GM or anything, the game runs itself through various mechanics) and all the players lose or win together. It is a fun change up from aggressive games where everyone gets to have fun, no one is a target, and the challenge is real. Shadows over Camelot for instance, out of about 50 plays we have beat it only thrice.

My Current top 10 List of Board Games are:

If there are any fellow board gamers out there or anyone interested in learning to hear about them, I would love to hear from you.
    He that is blind to the world around him, shall see no Evil.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    0.96%
    I've played Pandemic and The Red Dragon Inn. I have to say I really like Red Dragon Inn; it's a great party game that scales well to large and small groups.

It's been a while since I played any of the more intense board games, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    13.15%
    Slug Fest Games just finished their Kickstarter for Red Dragon Inn 5.
    Currently we have 22 Playable characters, 4 from each base game and then 6 Standalone expansions. The 4th Base Game was a pirate theme with a Captain, Navigator, Boatswain, and 1st Mate. There is an optional rule that instead of playing in the Inn, you are playing on the Ship and there is an event deck for things happening around the boat while you are getting drunk and gambling. Things like choppy waters, krakens, and other ships attacking. They have done a great job with making every character feel unique and play interestingly.
    RDI 5 is going to give us another 4 base characters with at least 4 more stand alone expansions.
    He that is blind to the world around him, shall see no Evil.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    33.76%
    I think the game that started that all was DragonStrike, except that game does have a GM. Of course, you could play one of the pre-made adventures that did not require a GM.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Thread Information