Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    93.82%

Arrow 3DS Game Recommendations

I'm trying to still convince myself I didn't waste $200 on this New 3DS XL so I need recommendations. Not JUST 3DS games but anything this thing can play.
    Games I +have or am -planning on getting

+Smash Bros
    +Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
    +Shantae
    +Shantae: Risky's Revenge
    +Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
    +Mighty Switch Force
    +Mighty Switch Force 2
    +Mario Kart 7
    +Soul of Darkness
    +The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
    -Hyrule Warriors maybe, if I'm drunk enough when it is released on the 3DS
    -Cave Story
    -Swords & Darkness
    -Zenonia
    -Shovel Knight
    -Every Zelda game
    -Any one mario game (Need a recommendation)
    -Any one pokemon game (Ditto)
    -Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
    -Fire Emblem: Awakening

Note the word is games. Which means Animal Crossing and Tomadochi Life is disqualified.

Oh right: no lego games or games that exist on other consoles (I have seen some games in the 3DS shop that are from Wiiware on the Wii, for example. I can just pirate those). Games from retro consoles are fine (e.g. Megaman 2, Zelda II, et cetera)
    Last edited by Majora; 07-02-2015 at 09:42 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.01%
    Recommendations:

1. Sell New 3DS XL
    2. Buy a more worthwhile console with the money.

Well ok, all jokes aside, I can't think of much. 3D games aren't that great on a handheld, I used to on a 3DS mysellf and learned this the hard way. You can get SSB, but only if you don't have a Wii U AND the New 3DS circle pad isn't as weak as the regular 3DS one (using smash moves broke a LOT of circle pad back in October). Amd it may be obvious, but, may as well get that Xenoblade game while you're at it. Oh and don't bother with the 3D, that just wastes batteries. All the 3DS's 3D really is is depth, there' no Pop-out, even in 1st party games, which is sad.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.26%
    I posted my ideas on the facebook topic you made about this, but since I didn't recall seeing mention of non-3DS games on it, I'll throw those here.

~Golden Sun Dark Dawn (though you already have that on your list, thought I'd say its nice. Just gotta remember that there are certain Points of No Return in the game)
    ~Any of the DS Castlevania games (I have Dawn of Sorrow so I can only really vouch for that one)
    ~Any of the Dragon Quest games (IV, V, VI and IX)
    ~The World Ends With You (its more fun that you'd think)
    ~Chrono Trigger (the new content they add is somewhat nice, and having a portable version of the game is also nice. Unless you already have it on PSP/Vita)
    ~Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 (this is a nice alternative to the normal Pokemon gameplay, but its a bit more grindy. Also the online stuff is gone so no tourneys, so less focus on metagame unless you know a friend with a copy of the game)
    ~Final Fantasy III (again, like Chrono Trigger, its also on the PSP/Vita. And I only really have it here for if you never played the NES/Famicom original without resorting to emulation)
    ~Elite Beat Agents (its fun, but if you don't like rhythm games you can skip it)
    ~Phoenix Wright (I oly put this here if you don't wanna get the 3DS Trilogy, which is about $20 or less I think, but that is digital only. The trilogy is also on Wii though as separate titles, unlike the 3DS Trilogy)
    ~Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon (if you wanna play the remake/whatever you wanna call it of the first Fire Emblem game with Marth, this is your game. Its what Awakening's Classic Mode is, but all the time. Just don't expect to be able to recruit all of the games characters as some are locked behind extra missions that can only be entered if you only control a certain number of LIVING characters ie: other characters must either be not recruited, or killed off which sucks as some of the secret mission characters are either good or have an interesting backstory to them)
    ~Either oif the DS Kingdom Hearts games (I mostly put these here as they are interesting, but can also be kinda meh as some previous worlds gets recycled, especially in re:Coded. 358/2 Days have some areas in them that are somewhat original to them and you can play as Organization XIII members as you unlock them. It is more mission based though and some missions can be annoying)
    ~Sands of Destruction (an interesting game that has an anime adaption, but that show changes quite a few things that happen including the ending. If I remember right Steve Blum also voices a character in the game. I think the Teddy Bear...or maybe he voiced him in the anime Can't remember)
    ~Final Fantasy tactics A2 (a nice sequel to FFTA, it features similar mechanics to it, while also expanding upon it. I recommend it if you like the previous title)

That's all I can recommend from my personal library. Whether you want to get them or not is up to you. Just remember that some games will cost more than others because of various pricing depending on where you shop. I recommend ebay/amazon.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    16.77%
    As for Mario games your main choices are New Super Mario Bros 1 & 2 and Super Mario 3D Land. 3D Land probably has the most content going for it, but if you want to go 2D platforming then either of the games in the New series should be fine - and you can probably find them cheap now too. If you want to settle for one that will keep you going for a while though, then I would pay the few extra bucks for 3D Land. This is going to make me want to play through it again this summer!

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    34.34%
    If you like RPGs I recommend Bravely Default. The mechanics of this game very closely resemble Final Fantasy but has its own features as well. I've been playing it since December and while challenging, does offer nice rewards should you manage to overcome those challenges. And there are side quests that earn you new Jobs or special items you can't get elsewhere.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Thread Information