Quote Originally Posted by ZoriaRPG View Post
Writing the size to a register, and reading it back is absolutely more efficient than checking it repeatedly.
Sure, but unless you've made bigger changes to the compiler than I'm aware of, that's not what it does. I can't check the newest versions at the moment, but in the ones I've got, the variable goes into the stack and has to be retrieved again every time through the loop.

I notice that you didn't comment on any of the other efficiency changes, at all.
Because I don't dispute them. The other changes definitely have some effect.

Although looking again now, I noticed something else: several of those new functions use strlen(str-1) instead of strlen(str)-1.

I intended to make a comprehensive API doc for ZC/ZQ/ZScript out of it, and as an extension thereof, technical documentation on ZC?ZQ. It didn't shape up into that, and I have my hands full. System Documentation is probably a more apt title at this point, as a comprehensive API docs set is just a bloody nightmare, and no-one would ever care about it, or use it. I'll reword the title on the next draught.
No, I mean that's not what an API is. It's not just a general term for technical specifications; it specifically means the set of functions, classes, variables, and so on provided by a library, operating system, etc. ZC's API specification is in zscript.txt.

Just nitpicking, anyway. It's not a big deal or anything.