I have been informed that there will be two ways to win this battle, with two separate endings depending on which way you choose. The easy way would simply be to beat the living daylights out of Zelda, but the more complex way involves bouncing light off of mirrors (So that the arrow doesn't hit her) and healing her with it.

The second method is very intriguing, and I had a few ideas about how to work the mirrors.
  • There are 4 mirrors. They all begin near the edge of the screen, but with space around them for Link to circle them.
  • When a golden arrow is fired at the mirror, it bounces off and a ball of light spawns, which travels in the opposite direction of the Arrow's source. These balls of light heal Zelda if they hit her.
  • The mirrors have a 'sword' flag on them, and can be turned by a strike from Link's weapon. This is essential for aiming the light that they reflect. Each strike would turn the mirror 45*, or 90* if diagonals do not work.
  • The mirrors are push-blocks, and can be moved freely in a 4 by 4 square tile near their starting position. They cannot move outside of this tile for the purpose of preventing getting stuck during the boss fight. If this isn't possible with a turning mirror, let me know.
  • If the ball of light flies from one mirror and hits another, it reflects again. With a certain angling and puzzle setup, this can be used to trap Zelda in a cage of light, making the battle much easier.
  • Certain obstacles will be in the 4 by 4 squares the mirrors can be moved in. Some of them are destroyable, while others must be circumvented.

This is all designed to give the player a choice between a battle boss and a puzzle boss. Of course, it would be a lot of things going on in one screen, which could prove difficult to produce.
Still, that's my two cents and you're all free to tear it all apart as you please.