Please look further down this thread before reading this post, as I've revised the script a good few times and it's much better now

Ever wanted vines that you climb rather than just walk slowly on?

EDIT: Make sure you check down two posts before just using this script, the one on that post is a lot better though out, and easier to use.

Code:
ffc script climbing{
    void run(int btrtx, int btrty, int dummy){
        while(true){
            if( (Link->X >= this->X) && (Link->Y >= this->Y) && (Link->X <= btrtx) && (Link->Y <= btrty) ){
                if(!Link->Item[dummy]){ Link->Item[dummy] = true;}
                Link->InputA = false;
                Link->InputB = false;
                //Link->InputL = false;   //delete the two backslashes infont of the command here if you want to 
                                          //disable the L button whilst Link is on the ladder, incase 
                                          //you're using that for a function via a script or whatever
            }else{
                if(Link->Item[dummy]){ Link->Item[dummy] = false;}
            }
        Waitframe();
        }
    }
}
Well here they are
C-Dawg made this for me a while back, and I've revised it, and I thought it would be more obvious to people to find it here.

It does, however, require some setup. Firstly, you need to set up an item with a Link Tile Modifier that will move Link's tiles along to a place where all of his movement tiles (ie, when walking in all directions) are facing upwards; the rest of his tiles won't matter because A and B buttons are disabled from use. Obviously you need to set up the Link tiles to this configuration also.

Then in the screen you want your ladder/vines etc. set the FFC to take the script's coordinates to the top left hand corner of the ladder. Then set the the first two arguments of the script to the X and then Y coordinates of the bottom right hand corner of the ladder, then set the third argument to the reference number of the item (you'll find this in the item editor).

And hey presto, Link now climbs properly!

However, if you want more than one ladder/vine per screen, you will have to make an exactly identical custom item, with the same Link Tile Modifier but a different reference number for each ladder/vine, and set the argument to the other item's number.