User Tag List

View Poll Results: Should a 'Number Crunch' Sub-forum be added?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, don't mix math in with other forums

1 14.29%
  • No, I can always browse around topics I don't like. Math topics can go in General Discussion

1 14.29%
  • Keep the topics to the Think Tank forum

5 71.43%

Thread: Numerical Terror (Is a sub-forum necessary?)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.93%

Numerical Terror (Is a sub-forum necessary?)

Since AGN is currently in the process of reorganization, the topic of new forums has come to the forefront. A sub-forum is usually necessary when a series of topics are too specific or too inappropriate for the parent forum. In this case, we are discussing the Think Tank.

I was concerned that, considering the intimidating nature math poses to many (if not most) people, mixing math puzzles in with the other topics of the Think Tank would deter timid users from posting. My proposal is to create a sub-forum strictly for mathematics, so that people who dislike numbers could simply avoid the sub-forum if they so desired. ShadowTiger has proposed the counter-point, that math puzzles are at home in the Think Tank and even General Discussion without being a disruption. So... time to put it to a vote.

Feel free to post a justification for your vote, though it is not mandatory. The majority will determine (pending Administrator approval) the action taken.
    Last edited by ShadowTiger; 08-21-2012 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Moved this to the News and Announcements forum where it can gather more attention
    I'm an author. If you're interested in checking out my works, you can find them on Amazon.com:

Thread Information