Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragon View Post
Maybe they changed the config file to use the global packfile password (if set)?

EDIT: This does seem to be the case. flush_config uses pack_fopen to do its file IO, which inherits the current global packfile password at the time the file is opened.

So I managed to get ZC to compile against Allegro 4.4 and run (https://github.com/ArmageddonGames/Z...ree/DD/alleg44). The good news is that ZoriaRPG is correct; the fullscreen crash is gone, though there is screen corruption once you alt-tab back. The fixes he lists also are indeed all that is needed to get the existing code to compile, though unfortuantely getting Allegro 4.4 to compile out of the box is a somewhat painful process (some of the stdint fixes had to be put back into the Allegro headers, etc). Allegro 4.4 also requires DirectX, which has to be installed before you can compile the library, and is incorrectly configured to try to use the DirectDraw, which has been removed from DirectX.
I'll grabthat package and the binaries and do some further tests. Just saw that the bins are in fact, there.

I'm wondering if the distortion is an artefact of stuff that has been plugged in to 'fix' 'bugs'. There was a lot of ag42 workaround silliness in the past, rather than lib udating, and no-one wanted to believe me when I said (over a year ago now) that many of the allegro issues were sorted on the library side.

I need to know what in ZC/ZQ is used to try to remedy the other keypress issues, loss of focus, and such; as I suspect those issues are likely also resolved, but that our 'fixes' will prevent noticing this.