0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.27%
    Don't mean to be nosey, but how is the GBC tileset comming along? I have plans for that set. Basically, I would re-make the first quest, but make it more, er, GBCish. I would remake the dungeons, make them more like the GB zeldas, and try to add things provided that the trigger enemy works right(and my suggestions are any good).

Anyway, Having multiple default qsu's is a good idea. A .qsu would be good for newbies so they can have a template quest to build off of. With all the new things being added, a better explanation is all that a newbie needs.

So anyway, I'll get testing and see if the trigger enemy is working right.
    The name might be missleading, I'm not jigglypuff.

"...A Bible! A Bible! We have got a Bible, and there cannot be any more Bible."
    Second Nephi 29:3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    77.31%

QSUs work, I think

DN, I think the qsu exports are working OK. The first beta with this new format seemed to work fine, anyway. All the new secret combos were there, and the new template screens. There did seem to be a lot of dead space in the screen data though (32+233+176 bytes). I know some of that is room for getting rid of combo pages, but what's all the other?

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." - C.S. Lewis

"Hypocrisy is wrong, but a society which decides to live up to its standards by not having any is worse." - George Neumayr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.27%
    Trigger enemies are working really well! With this, the limits of ZC will definetly be challenged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    38.46%
    Originally posted by Jigglysaint
    Trigger enemies are working really well! With this, the limits of ZC will definetly be challenged.
    Sounds much better than the frozen screen I got back in the days of build 113...

And yes, this will truly test not only the limits of ZC, but any fool who thinks there must be some way to open that door from within the same screen...

I'd download this, but I figure 140 will be up in the morning. So I shall pop on early, and hope it's here. If not...139 for me.

Cyclone
    [email protected]
    -----
    "This generation will run the country someday, unfortunately. Maybe we will get lucky and they will all stay bums." - Starkist
    -----
    Meh... sleep is for the weak. [goes back to sleep] - inori :rofl:
    -----
    You have a lot of people quoted in your sig. But not me. Thank you. - Tygore
    -----
    I got a brother who knows about this place... he can pass on the message if something ever happened to me. Then you'll all know when to rejoice. - Daarkseid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    96.27%
    That would be funny to see all the people try to open a door when the trigger is on another screen. with a destroy enemy combo, and a flag to kill enemies when an item is obtained, plus more boss flags, you could really make a fun dungeon(can you say "flooded dungeon?").

So anyway, I wonder what 1.40 will have?

I also suggested an item to reset a screen, but it won't work.

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    100%
    Originally posted by Dark Nation
    10. The "Lens Hints" quest rule works now. Basically, when you view a flag under the lens, you will see what item triggers it flickering there. For instance, a burn flag will show a flickering blue candle. Some flags have multiple things showing up. For instance, the "reflected fireball" flag shows a mirror shield with a fireball reflecting off of it. Reflected magic and wand magic exhibit similar behaviors. Strike flags cycle through all of the weak items that will trigger them: blue candle, bomb, arrow, boomerang, sword, sword beam, wand magic, reflected magic, reflected fireball, hookshot, hammer (not necessarily in that order). Give the new lens rule a try and tell me what you think. Also, if you have the "whistle->stairs" screen flag set, then a whistle will blink slowly (instead of flicker) on at the place where the stairs appear. Also, the fairy flag has a fairy on it now. Should this be taken out or changed in any way? Before, it was a flickering white square. If you want to see what this square looks like, look at a walk-through dungeon wall with the lens (like in level 2 of the second quest, I think).
    That's great and all. But... I think it would be better if we could decide what was shown for the flag. For instance, wouldn't it be weird to see Zelda on a Zelda flag? I dunno, I think I would rather have the ability to decides what the player sees.

And if you like, you can add the R2 tileset to the graphics pack when you start a new quest. In fact, if you want, I'll upgrade the quest so it uses most of the new features if you would like to add another quest in there.

I have a question DN. Do you have any date, kind of set, as of when you might want to release the final version of 1.92/2.0? Just wondering cause if you get ready to release it this summer, we can add the Mystic Land tiles in the graphics pack. They should be done by then. And they are even set up to use the new enemy feature.

PrinceMSC
    For you screen shot lovers, you can feast on this.

Adventure Island

Screen Shot of the Week Record 7 Wins 2 Losses

Robots in Disguise
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    62.31%
    Well, the Zelda flag doesn't show up. It never did, I don't think.

As for a final release date, no clue.

Thread Information