Quote Originally Posted by *b*
actually, if I remember correctly, ZC wasn't origionaly Zelda Classic, but Zelda DX as it was to be more than just a clone, but PM had to change it because of the re-release of Link's Awakening
That's a good point. However, part of it came from inspiration as well. There were a lot of people who pulled for it to be more like the original. For example, one guy even offered to compose NES synthesizer music for such a clone.(his offer still pends) And at this point in time, it is called Zelda Classic , because it is a port of a Classic to the PC. Would you like, instead, for it to go back to being Zelda DX? That would be nice, but Nintendo has recently re-instituted and re-enforced copyrights on it's newer games.(as well, Capcom holds some of the copyrights to Zelda games, and they have been known to really come down on people.)

Now, I hope I'm not sounding irate, but 'Zelda DX' is not 'Zelda Classic', despite that they share roots in programming. Zelda Classic is a tribute to the greatest video game of all time: Nintendo's "The Legend of Zelda".(Source: Phantom Menace's very own website.)