0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.31%

Re: Metroid Prime 2 Echoes Demo

I'm not getting the demo either. I'd rather take it in all at once

But when I ordered my Zelda Collector's edition disk, it took FOREVER to get here. It seems Nintendo is a little slow about it. I emailed them and they gave me a date by which it should arrive. It did not. I emailed them again, and they said they would send me a new one, so long as I returned the original should it eventually arrive. A week later I got my disk. A week after that I got a second disk.
    Link to the Past Tileset for ZC available here: http://www.filespace.org/bam200308/lttptileset2.4.zip

"Lie? Me? Never. The truth is far too much fun."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    79.3%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Finally got it today. Lot of fun I didn't watch the preview movie but I think I looked at almost everything else. The chronology thing is kinda lame. Mostly sllooooooowwwwwwllllllyyyy scrolling manual stories w/ gameplay footage in the bg. The art gallery was cool (but I wish I could scroll it manually rather than having to sit there and watch the whole thing).

Demo was very cool too. I do hope they make changes (and I think they will, they did w/ Prime) when the retail ships tho. There was almost no exposition, particularly explaining how I suddently had the Light and Dark cannons (maybe this was only for the demo, but there were doors and stuff that NEEDED these so unless the demo starts later in the game, I dunno). Other stuff was presented on a sort of "well you should already know this by now" basis too like the dualaity of the planet and soforth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.66%

those vids dont seem to work for me. Either my connection is slow or your host said no linking of vids. =\

Daywalker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    77.2%

I was able to get them from a dialup connection. Right-click and save as, save on your harddrive before trying to play. You also must have the DivX 5.11 (or later) codec.

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." - C.S. Lewis

"Hypocrisy is wrong, but a society which decides to live up to its standards by not having any is worse." - George Neumayr

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    37.37%

I finally played my bonus disc today, it's pretty neat. I like the Metroid series retrospective. The art gallery was cool too, though like Warlock mentioned, I wish you could scroll through it like the art galleries in Metroid Prime instead of having to watch a slide show. The demo was cool too, esp the effects of the Light and Dark Beams, but I wish it were longer That part where you see the "Dark Hunter" appear and run off in another direction was such a teaser! How cruel of them to block off the path!

It looks like there will be lots of scanning in this game as well, but unlike the first one, none of the scannable items appeared as orange boxes while wearing the scan visor in the demo - they just change to a glowing color. I don't know about you, but although those orange boxes were ugly, it was easier to spot the things to scan.

I'm sure they'll make a few tweaks before the game comes out. Either way, I'm excited. More Metroid, yay!

UPDATE: That blue door in the first room (where Samus's ship is) may be reachable by a jumping glitch, but from what I can see standing at various points in the room, it is a closed shutter door, which you can't open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    90.71%

Quote Originally Posted by fatcatfan
    Anyway, in the very first area there's a door on a ledge to the left that is too high for normal jumping (you still have the space jump) but might be reachable by bomb-jumping or the special dash jump techniques from Metroid Prime. I've experimented, and the technique still seems to work in the demo, but I was never any good at it and haven't managed to reach that ledge yet. Anyone else tried it?
    Wow, that site is awesome. I didn't realize there was so much sequence breaking potential in MP. I now have a reason to start playing again, starting with "space jump first".

/offtopic
    //been going to fark too much
    ...we'd appreciate it if one or both legs were removable so that we could spin you around like a basketball perched on the end of Koby Bryant's middle finger. - T.C. Luoma

My john thomas is gonna pop off and fly around the room there's so much tasty in here! - Jayne

Freedom of Speach? US vs China

Dattebayo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.66%

Well I still dont have the disk but I've seen the vids finally and I'm convinced that Dark Samus is that phazon suit from part one just from that entrance.

Daywalker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    77.2%

right, it's pretty obvious when you see the battle video that Dark Samus moves and attacks very similar to the final form of MP.

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." - C.S. Lewis

"Hypocrisy is wrong, but a society which decides to live up to its standards by not having any is worse." - George Neumayr

Thread Information