3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.53%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Re: Zelda Classic 2.11 Beta 5

And by "In this build," you mean, with that quest rule on? That is definitely very cool. o.o Kudos on the new rule. Could it say "Warps Ignore Coords 0,0" instead? It's a bit more specific. ... Or did I miss something there?

I'll look for some old quests; dunno how this particular college happens to feel about ZC-gaming in their computer labs. XD

EDIT: *Views The Post Below* ... Ah. Thank you for clearing that up.

Developer
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.69%

Enabling the rule makes it act as it does previously. The behavior I described is now the default. Though you're right, I should think of a better name for that quest rule...
    AGN's Resident Zelda Classic Developer and Sonic the Hedgehog Fanboy

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    89%

How about something like "Sidewarps Don't Save"?
    ~Dart Zaidyer

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    78.37%

What does the 'Full Priority Damage Combos" Quest Rule do?

Also, what does the "Item Never Resets" screen flag do? (is that for the use of the 'Reset Room' combo, making it reset everything except for the item if checked?)
    My Zquest Tutorial
    tutorial document

Working on a quest, I swear i'll finally finish one, one of these days!

--Overworld: 60% done
    --Dungeons: 0% done
    --Misc: 0% done

Developer
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.69%

Quote Originally Posted by idontknow
    What does the 'Full Priority Damage Combos" Quest Rule do?

Also, what does the "Item Never Resets" screen flag do? (is that for the use of the 'Reset Room' combo, making it reset everything except for the item if checked?)
    Someone mentioned a bug where if a pit and a damage combo were next to each other you can avoid the damage combo simply by partially walking onto the pit warp. This fixes that, but it's a quest rule in case someone wants to use the former behavior.

And you're 100% correct on the second item :)
    AGN's Resident Zelda Classic Developer and Sonic the Hedgehog Fanboy

Robots in Disguise
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    62.19%

Oh, two features that I forgot to post about:

In the tile selector, holding the control key while doing a tile overlay (the O key) causes and underlay to occur. Instead of overlaying the currently copied tile onto the currently selected tile, you are overlaying the currently selected tile onto the currently copied tile and then pasting that back into the currently selected tile.

In the combo selector, holding the control key and hitting + or - will cause the tile referenced by the currently selected combo(s) to increase or decrease by 1. So, suppose you had 5 sequential tiles (say, 323 through 327) that you wanted to turn into 5 sequential combos. Normally, you would select a blank combo, edit it, pick the tile, then repeat for the other 4 combos (maybe after copying and pasting the first combo to the other 4 so that you can get to the desired tile easily). With this feature, you create the first combo and paste it into the next 4 combo slots. Then, put the cursor on the 5th combo, and shift-select back to the 2nd combo so that the last 4 combos will be selected, the selection start will be the 5th combo and the selection end will be the 2nd combo. Then, hit control and the + key. The last 4 combos will reference tile 324. Now, do a shift-right so that only the last 3 combos are selected. Hit control and the + key and the combos will now reference tile 325. Continue for the last 2 combos. It's pretty fast once you get the hang of it. I am working on a way to do a quick combo creation from a group of selected tiles, but this will do for now.

On top of the world ShadowTiger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    60.53%
    Achievements It's over 9000!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Nation
    Oh, two features that I forgot to post about:

In the tile selector, holding the control key while doing a tile overlay (the O key) causes and underlay to occur. Instead of overlaying the currently copied tile onto the currently selected tile, you are overlaying the currently selected tile onto the currently copied tile and then pasting that back into the currently selected tile.

In the combo selector, holding the control key and hitting + or - will cause the tile referenced by the currently selected combo(s) to increase or decrease by 1. So, suppose you had 5 sequential tiles (say, 323 through 327) that you wanted to turn into 5 sequential combos. Normally, you would select a blank combo, edit it, pick the tile, then repeat for the other 4 combos (maybe after copying and pasting the first combo to the other 4 so that you can get to the desired tile easily). With this feature, you create the first combo and paste it into the next 4 combo slots. Then, put the cursor on the 5th combo, and shift-select back to the 2nd combo so that the last 4 combos will be selected, the selection start will be the 5th combo and the selection end will be the 2nd combo. Then, hit control and the + key. The last 4 combos will reference tile 324. Now, do a shift-right so that only the last 3 combos are selected. Hit control and the + key and the combos will now reference tile 325. Continue for the last 2 combos. It's pretty fast once you get the hang of it. I am working on a way to do a quick combo creation from a group of selected tiles, but this will do for now.
    These are so amazingly useful. They're as useful as the Reset Room Combos. Easily. Congratulations on their proud additions into the ZC Engine! ^_^ They shall be used quite frequently.

Now all we need is a way to increase the value by 20 or -20 as well as by 1 or -1 to accommodate for the movement through tiles page rows instead of columns. :p It would make things like setting These up a lot easier. :)

Thread Information