In terms of the "secret meeting of the forest," I think that's just the town's way of saying "Stay out of the forest, so we'll watch you to protect you." Maybe Link and Zelda just don't like to be watched, so they go deeper into the forest, to the old abandoned picnic tables. (OF DEATH. .. no, .. .. just wood. Old Abandoned picnic tables of wood. +1 *LOL* I D&D too much. ) So Zelda doesn't need guardians to conflict with her. She just does stuff anyway, but the guards don't like people having out in the forest, so they hide deeper inside it. That's how they detect (Well, ALSO how they detect.) the corrupted Statue. It's nothing big; just a statue in the forest, but it's "connected" to the spirit of the Forest Temple, so she senses evil or corruption radiating from its base.

Quote Originally Posted by L
(Stuff About L2)
Sounds good to me. So there are rumors of this hammer-wielding hero, but no cutscenes. eh?

As for the maze path, what would you recommend to give the advice about the maze to Link? Maybe that house along the road could have the path, but you still need the lamp to get in there. (To burn away the thorn bushes...) Or would we?