I -so- want to pin this. So many pinned threads here already though.

Part 2: (Er .. to the bomb-moving.)
Now this involves more than one quest. If you need to get past something that damages you (it cannot be solid though) or past step-triggers as a shortcut, - possibly to reduce damage through a spike maze - bomb yourself over.
I do this all the time, but I don't use the bombs. The bombs are just a way of only using a small amount of health to start the initial movement. They don't do as much damage as a two-damage floor. I think they do half an HC of damage, ... I hope. .. Oh, but anyway, what you do is, bomb-walk onto the spikes, and faces AWAY From the direction you want to go in. You'll cross the field surprisingly quickly. If you're extra daring, you can take a few steps towards the area, then just before you're about to stop flashing, turn around again so you face the other way to be pushed "backwards" again towards the area you want to go, then turn around and move another few paces towards it. Good stuff. Sometimes, depending on how much health you want to be left with, you won't even need the bomb. Just step into the field, and when you're about to stop flashing, face the other way, ... and you'll be there in no time. :)