Quote Originally Posted by Cjc7988 View Post
This solves the walking and climbing problem, but if people don't want to be able to slide...

I think the diamonds should be a backup option. Make the first click when designating walkability the square, the second the diamond, and the third the reset. So you could have combos like this:

~~~~####
~~~~####
~~~~####
~~~~####
~~#~####
~#######
########
~#######

which slide a bit and then stop Link.
This would also ensure backwards compatibility with quests that didn't have access to the new walkability.

The only problem is, a diamond shape is an odd number of pixels on an even-pixeled tile, which makes it a little difficult to set up. I would suggest replacing it with half-triangles, but the toggling of that would be even more tedious (As the triangles have the potential to be flipped any which way, and each rotation has two potential positions in a square, the walkability options go up from 2 to about 10, which would be ridiculous.)
But the Diamond is a good start. If only there was a way to better fit it in the tile...
Nevermind, I'm just rambling. This is good stuff, everybody, nice suggestions.
To make it easier, a plain click will cycle, but if you hold Ctrl it will only do blocks, Alt will do diamonds, and Shift will cycle through triangles. To make the triangles easier to cycle through, you either hold A, S, Z or X with shift to trigger the corner that is all solid, and then it has the mini triangle. Maybe you'd just use the num pad-- no shift.
And with the diamonds, if 2 of them are diagonal to each other, it will "fill in" the space that connects them. If one is horiz/vert adjacent to a block, diamond or complete side, it will fill in the gaps.

Recap: Use hotkeys to make cycling easier and Diamonds fill in gaps with adjacent walkability.