Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTiger View Post
To enter the Temple of Light, *why* would we need the Silver Arrows? It's just already open. It'll have gates in it similar to Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, that you must open with the corresponding element. The Temple of Light will have SHADOW gates in it, rather than Light gates. So technically you'd need a "dark" arrow of some sort to open them. Besides, the temple is in a state of relative ruin. The door would be busted wide open with the temple mostly ransacked with a myriad of player-impeding holes in it. You could probably just walk right in, and not get very far until you find a single open Shadow Gate leading to the Temple of Shadows equivalent of the Temple of Light. This has already been established in the grand scheme of NeoFirst.
Ahem...
Quote Originally Posted by _L_ View Post
After playing Four Swords Adventures, I've decided that only the Chaos->Light portals will be Mirrors, and the Light->Chaos portals will be Moon Portals. In order to open Moon Portals, you need arrows tipped with "moon metal", or silver. In order to open Mirrors (which are covered in blobs of black Chaos) you need arrows tipped with the divine Golden Power.
The above refers to some pre-established notions about the Sacred/Dark/Chaos realm, and entry thereof. LttP's Magic Mirror takes you out of the realm, and FSA's Moon Portals draw you into the realm.

I was under the impression that you get the Golden Arrows in the Temple of Shadows/Chaos, and use them to return to the Temple of Light.

Okay, so, in terms of getting four elements; What "barrier" is present that forces the player to gather four, and not all of them?
You misread: there's a maximum of four, and you need only two. But anyway, basically there's two paths to the silver arrow room.
The left path has a Spring door and Summer door in parallel, which both lead to an Autumn door and Winter door in parallel.
The right path has a Winter door and Summer door in parallel, which both lead to an Autumn door and Spring door in parallel. So, any set of two elements will allow you to get the arrows.
The door's visual designs and colours (which match those of the "Season Blocks" in Forest Temple), in addition to scattered hints about the four elements here and there, and Zelda's order to find the silver arrows (after you return with the Triforce of Power), are your only direct hints.

From the designs you had placed in the quest, wasn't the Eastern Palace already scavenged through and through? Would the Silver Arrows be in their original location, or in a new one? In ALTTP, we got the Bow and Arrows, I believe, so I can certainly see how they can match up in ALTTP and NeoFirst.
The ground floor of the palace has been cleaned out by Zelda's guards. But downstairs there are still some traps and beasties behind locked doors.