User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: God damnit. Half life 2's ending sucked. Discuss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    4.24%

Re: God damnit. Half life 2's ending sucked. Discuss.

You know what pisses me off? No fucking true bosses since nihilanth. I mean, seriously, it's videogame standard to pretty much have one, not to mention that it's not horribly illogical that an advisor or something would have some rediculously costly and hard to produce weapon with only a few, maybe one per citadel that would try to take you on.

I am pretty distraught that the conclusion of HL2 was destroying that stupid portal (which wasn't hard when you have 200 fucking armor, you'd have to be a jackass for that to even be much of a challenge) and HL2EP1 was taking down a stupid strider in somewhat uncomfortable circumstances.

I dunno. I hope 2 and 3 are mountingly more grand. I guess that would make sense for it to be, anyhow.
    Hey, eat this snail quick

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Marsden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    64.93%

Re: God damnit. Half life 2's ending sucked. Discuss.

Y'know, if you cross out double negatives, you get 'not to mention that it's horribly logical that'...

But yeah, I know what you mean. However, if you play the original Max Payne, I think that's the perfect end-boss. Yes, there's a ruddy great chopper you have to take down. But do you kill it with continuous gunfire No, you swat it down with the aerial mast. Challenging, but logical. Me likey. But in Half-Life 2, you don't really get a boss. A part of me actually likes that. 'This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper', as is said. You just have to stop Breen, which you do. Right?

As for Ep1, I've never liked destroying Striders or Gunships, because they fall back into the old 'shoot them until they fall down' category. Controlling the rockets is always fun (except when they keep getting shot down, grr), but it just feels sort-of routine. But that's just me, I guess.

The next episodes should be on a more epic scale. Ep1 was dealing with the fallout, Ep2 is escaping to the countryside and Ep3... well, I've no idea, but it's bound to be interesting. We're moving away from City17, so at the very least we'll get different locations, which'll be good.
    AGN's resident Doctor Who, Star Wars and Torchwood fan

Current life projects: Survive job, stay awake, write stuff, find new job. Not in that order.

Hey, I do online reviews now! Check out my site to see the latest videos.

Thread Information