I really wish that I had been here back in AGN's heyday. I hear you all talking about it and I just feel a bit left out.

I agree that we need to promote/help ZC to pull new people in, and a new staff to control things when we get there. ZC development is fairly active, bugs being fixed, and 2.5 nearing, but zeldaclassic.com is a total mess. I know that I would do most anything and take on any responsibility to help this place out. I'd volunteer to be a mod or smod, except that I know I'm so far down on the respect/seniority chain.

but there are no opportunities for people like me to do anything. For example, I and Rocksfan have, over the past 2 years, volunteered numerously to help fix ZC.com and/or the new QDB, but the site of course is a sad project today.
Totally. One of the best ways to put it.

I also have to wonder what other features the forum could have to pull people in. The return of the arcade would be nice, and some new reviews. But we also need other new stuff that people can't get anywhere else.
Okay, crazy idea time, and the devs can feel free to shoot me, but based on what I've seen done with ZC, MarioClassic, MetroidClassic, FinalFantasyClassic, and others would certainly be viable options.

And yet...I know that this thread is pointless. Part of me just despairs at getting the attention of anyone who has the power to do anything.