User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: They tried to get me to reenlist...fuck tha--did you say Naples Italy?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    65.45%

Re: They tried to get me to reenlist...fuck tha--did you say Naples Italy?

Here's what you have to think about:

1. Do I want to live in Naples, Italy? Hypothetically, Yes.
    2. Do I want to remain in the military? No.
    3. Is remaining in the military the only way to live in Naples, Italy? No.

So why do it? If you REALLY want to live in Naples, go for it man. But do it on your terms, so if you actually think it kind of sucks, you can leave in 6 months. If you don't do it for yourself, do it for your girl man. Get out while you can, and then live wherever you want to. A guy with your skills will be able to support himself and his family without worrying if he's going to get relocated or blown up.

Just my thought. Ultimately, my advice is do what will make you both happiest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    63.99%

we need strong soldiers like him though! hes gonna be the one out there making sure some idiot does not get himself blown up (if he is in combat).

NCO's ARE IMPORTANT!
    If you are caught by the gorillas, you must remember one thing.
    What's that?
    Never to speak!
    What the hell would I have to say to a gorilla?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    1.02%

Quote Originally Posted by The Desperado View Post
    I say screw the army. You've done your duty and stood up for this country more than what most civilians have done. You deserve to come home and enjoy the rest of your life.
    except that depending on our own situations and the circumstances surrounding them, being in the army, especially stationed someplace nice, might be a better deal than "coming home and enjoying the rest of our lives". Maybe life at home isn't so great, and I'm speaking of being in America right now, not his home life. If he gets to take his girl to Italy with him and they are offering money and travelling opportunities, it may be a good deal. He may even consider going career military if it turns out well.

There will always be a clause that they can reposition him elsewhere, or toss his ass back in Iraq, but considering the current political atmosphere and the very real chance that Obama may be our next president with promises of gradual troop withdrawal from Iraq, taking the deal might be a good idea. He can always quit the army when this next TOD is over if it turns sour.

I can't predict the future, so this is a choice that you're just going to have to make for yourself. You know more about being in the army than all of us combined, so deep down you should be able to figure out what best works for you and your lifestyle.

Edit: One thing to take into account, unless you have a degree, and even then there's no promises, the job market absolutely sucks. If you think you can quit the army and come home and start an awesome new career, you might want to throw that "pro" into your "con" list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.23%

Quote Originally Posted by Breaker View Post
    Edit: One thing to take into account, unless you have a degree, and even then there's no promises, the job market absolutely sucks. If you think you can quit the army and come home and start an awesome new career, you might want to throw that "pro" into your "con" list.
    Breaker makes a good point - there isn't a lot of hiring going on right now. My roommate has been looking for a job for four months...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    67.11%

Breaker usually makes good points.

Yeah, I've been weighing as many possibilities as I can. My dad is a human resource director of a major company in St. Louis. He's telling me unemployment isn't that bad back home in the St. Louis area right now. I don't know if it just hasn't hit us yet or whats going on, but its his job to know hiring trends and things and he keeps telling me that I shouldn't worry too much about the job market right now. But that just may be a concerned father wanting his son home.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Schrodinger's roomate. He killed my cat! Maybe.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    87.72%

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Breaker usually makes good points.

Yeah, I've been weighing as many possibilities as I can. My dad is a human resource director of a major company in St. Louis. He's telling me unemployment isn't that bad back home in the St. Louis area right now. I don't know if it just hasn't hit us yet or whats going on, but its his job to know hiring trends and things and he keeps telling me that I shouldn't worry too much about the job market right now. But that just may be a concerned father wanting his son home.
    I haven't see unemployment too rampant here in the area either Tony. Granted your dad has more a feel for this, but I'm not seeing a bunch of people on the side of the street begging or anything like that. I also see places hiring for everything from fast food to office workers. I don't think you'll have to hard a time getting a job here in the area.
    Trevelyan
    Version 2.4

Winner of the Teh Winnar! award in the first writing contest.

There ain't no party like my nanna's tea party!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    35.62%

Ohio runs on mainly manufacturing we are having a really hard time transfroming into something more prosperous. I think the only reason we're not so bad at the time is because we used to have just about literally everything in the country manufactured here at some point. some of the huge companies are still here. All I know is that if I had the chance to go back to a normal life where I have my freedom, I would definately do it.
    Live forever or die trying.
    Don't ruin good things with good things.
    Scars > Tatoos

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    67.11%

Well, doesn't matter now seeing as they couldn't lock it in for me. Yeah, no cool opportunity. I'm getting out.
    Talga Vassternich -- Deserve Victory

--------------------------------------------------------

Check out my YouTube channel! I'm doing video game reviews and retrospectives from the NES/SNES eras.
    I also now have a webpage: www.braselthegamer.com
    Contributor for Gaming Rebellion! Columnist of the new series Breakdown!

Wizrobe
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    66.48%

It's probably for the best hon. Sooner you start civilian life... the sooner you settle in and get things going.
    If you love... love without reservation. If you fight... fight without fear.
    ST: If you're going to go the way of the ostrich and stick your head into the sand or up your butt and expect everything to go the way you had imagined it, you deserve your fate.

Thread Information