User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Zelda 2 in ZC, back from the dead.

Developer
    ZC Developer
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    46.78%

Re: Zelda 2 in ZC, back from the dead.

Backup your quest and then upgrade. The latest betas are approaching stability (for the time being) so I don't forsee any major problems. Certainly not like what happened in the build 935 fiasco.
    AGN's Resident Zelda Classic Developer and Sonic the Hedgehog Fanboy

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    80.56%

Quote Originally Posted by Moo2wo View Post
    Hmm...I kind of like the first choice, but could you tell us how long the wait could be?
    I don't know yet, there may only be a small delay if there aren't any new bugs that would affect my quest. There will be atleast a small delay because I'll have to test everything - but that won't take too long.

What I should probably do is what jman2050 suggested, backup the quest and try it in the new build. If something goes wrong then hold off until after the demo, otherwise go for it and get the save/continue functionality working.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    80.56%

Well I downloaded the latest build and started testing it with my quest...

I had some issues with ZC Launcher (on Vista) and had to go back to the version of ZCL that I used with build 910 (which still works with the latest build, by the way)...

On the other hand I must say I'm quite impressed with the Zelda Classic and ZQuest 979 build. As far as I can tell the build works perfectly with my quest - it doesn't play any different then it used to - except now I can fix the save and continue issues and if I continue enemies still work (a bug in 910 prevented them from working correctly after a continue). I played through the entire quest so far, I used ZQuest for a while as well. The scripts compile fine, the global array issue is fixed!!!!, all my settings - including screen settings, FFC settings, etc. were preserved. So, unless some major issue comes up which doesn't seem likely, the demo will use build 979.

Anyway I must say that the developers are doing a great job, if the builds keep killing bugs and improving like this then the full version of 2.5 really is around the corner.

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    80.56%

I thought it'd be nice to show screenshots of more progress, so here are shots of various enemies in action. It also shows the number of lives screen that shows up when you start and whenever you die (before you start again).

The boss will be coming soon. :) Its taken longer then expected, but I'm almost there (to completing the demo and first part of the quest).

Octorok
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    80.56%

I also want to mention that the quest now uses build 982 (due to a fix relating to Misc[] variables). I mentioned having problems with ZCL with build 979 - well I got it to work fine with build 982. I figured I'd clear that up in case others have been put off from the latest builds due to my previous statement. Anyway build 982 seems to be very stable so far, I didn't have to make any changes to the quest. I'll probably stick with this build for the demo unless I have a problem or there is a major fix that will impact my quest.

Long term I'll probably upgrade regularly, with appropriate safety measures taken, so that my scripts will be useful once this is complete. Of course I'll abort an upgrade if there is a buggy build (like 961 I think) so I don't waste too much time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    26.02%

Sounds good man, keep up the nice work.

Click here to level up my card!