0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    50.15%
    I am interested in both to ne honest. Nintendo has the classic titles that I love (although, admittedly I don't really know how much more they can milk out of some of these franchose's games) and I have always been impressed with some of Sony's handheld RPGs and lesser known games. However, I also do not play handhelds as often as I once did, so perhaps it does not matter how interested I am. I dont really know the chances of my purchasing one or the other. Or both. At least not yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    7.33%
    This wildcard for me might be the inclusion of that gameboy games on the 3DS. There is something mighty appealing about being able to have my super mario lands, link's awakenings and metroid IIs all on one handheld.
    Link to the Past Tileset for ZC available here: http://www.filespace.org/bam200308/lttptileset2.4.zip

"Lie? Me? Never. The truth is far too much fun."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    36.03%
    Achievements It's over 9000!
    I favor the 3DS because it seems more likely to be practical and fun. Now I don't care for the gimmicks including 3D. But for one Sony still refuses the nice clam shell folding design to protect the screen. Next Sony gave in and is doing a touch screen. Touch Screens on the DS are OK because games can use that for less important things so when it starts looking poor because of all the touching on it no one cares that much. But when your primary and only display looks like shit, what are you going to do?

Next the fatal flaw in the PSP in my opinion is that atleast for me, while the idea of a portable PS2 was nice, I didn't need one. The 3 games I consider worth owning the PSP for are Mega Man Powered Up, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, and Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles. There is no real reason all these games couldn't have been brought out on the actual PS2 and saved me the money. Which leaves the last use of the PSP, hacking it for emulators. Again, it's nice, but I don't need it.

The DS actually has a handful or more of games I actually think are fun and worth having. Not all but some do need the touch screen or dual screen feature so console versions aren't something that could have been done instead. In general the DS is 'OK' in my book. Not super amazing, but decent. The 3DS bothers me that its more expensive though I've heard that may have something to do with the value of the Yen currently. The NGP will probably cost $300 or $350 I imagine. So with both consoles it'll be more expensive than their respective home consoles which is disturbing. Though in the case of the 3DS, I would wager it will be more useful than the Wii.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    19.49%
    3DS for me, not sure when I'd actually buy one though. Until phones can do 3D I won't be buying a dear one. Yes 3D is just a gimmick but it IS 3D AND it doesn't need glasses! It also ISN'T done on other systems. Also the bigger cartridges lets me fav. game series shine more with more levels and better designs. <3 Nintendo game series.
    Computer specifications:
    Windows 10 Pro x64 | Intel Core i7 @ 2.66GHZ | Asus P6T Motherboard | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Integrated Sound | Nvidia Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Corsair AX760 Power Supply | Thermaltake Armor+ MX case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.01%
    Mott, I can't see the NGP selling for less than $350. And if I had to wager, I'd put it at $399. Still, you're supposed to be getting more for your money at that price than with the 3DS at $250. Then again, this was the same argument made between the Wii and PS3 at their launches, and we all know how that went.

I shall exalt myself over all Armagedddon Games bigjoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    94.06%
    How fast do you guys think the 3ds will fly off the shelves? I'm wondering if I should pre-order/reserve.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    10.98%
    It's going to sell out because it's customary to carefully preen your hardware availability to ensure it sells out while 25-30% of your early adopter market still wants it. This insures gradual sales over time after the spike and can help you hide disappointing sales numbers. If demand is much higher than supply, Nintendo wins lots of press coverage of how the 3DS is a hot item and rare; this pushes people who wouldn't otherwise be interested into buying. If demand is lower than expected, Nintendo doesn't have to deal with stores who want to return or liquidate piles of unwanted stock and can hide the numbers with "stores are out of stock, we aren't meeting demand".

The only reason I'm not going to preorder is the only games I'd play on it aren't 3DS games. The launch is weak. I'm waiting on MGS3 and/or the Cave Story remake before I bite.

DJ91990
    I think I'm going to go with the 3DS.

I like some of the upcoming games for the system; Starfox 3D, A new Paper Mario Game, A new Super Mario Bros Game, Zelda OOT 3D, Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drip Drops, Kid Icarus [I forgot the sub-tittle, it's not the old NES game, it's a new game!].

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    42.73%
    3ds, because me dslite is well on its way to biting the big one, so I bought a 3ds it replace it for my protable gaming needs. personally, I'd get an older psp for any of the games it has I wanna play unless they come out with something that only the new one can play. then I'm fusked beyond belief.
    My Quotes and other siggy stuff.
    *Bar-Buddies updates whenever-also can email comics upon request*
    MP:89
    Playing: Final Fantasy XIV

Thread Information