Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Found the White Sword, but yes, the critical path needs to be definitely changed. Use weaker enemies as lures and stronger enemies as deterrents.

Edit: Screen west of Lv. 3 1st Quest, and 1 screen east and 2 screens south of Lv. 1 1st Quest: Black caves, no stairs.

BTW, also think you should just switch Lv. 3 with Lv. 2 honestly.

Edit 2: THANK YOU for not being a total dickhead with the DRC's.

Edit 3: Just finished 3. MUCH easier than 2, should switch levels definitely.

Edit 4: You got some difficulty going for you in Lv. 4 bub! Ow on the Blue Darknuts without the Blue Ring! Still took you down though, ha! lol

Edit 5: Critical Bug. After I take the Whistle->Stairs early, I get eventually to a room with two blocks. I push the block and nothing appears. If this is the Ladder, I'm fucked.

-James
I actually had strongly considered switching 2 and 3 when making the quest. I'll have to see what ramifications (ie adjustments) that would cause, but since you've said it and I had already considered it, I think that it's probably something I will do. (I had intended level 2 to be a sort of separate-the-men-from-the-boys level, obviously, but perhaps a bit too much too soon).

Also, your edit 5... which level is this in? I don't think you're at the level with the ladder yet... I am extremely mean and tease-y with the levels making you want that particular item, though. :)

Per DRCs, I always hated those, and really, I don't want to punish you for exploring. I can't remember exactly how many, I think maybe 6 or so in the whole quest.

Getting ready to make some adjustments.