5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    76.42%
    Oh wow, thanks for the thorough review Three Pendants.

I actually really want to remake the Zelda 1, but without the limitations I have actually been playing that since Hero of Dreams was done. However, I want to release the second part of my series before that.

For Level 6 by the way, it is definitely a Donkey Kong Country 3ish level. I hated that level too, but I felt it never been done and I wanted to use this 5th quest as an experiment. Each level had a gimmick and the gimmick of level 6 takes patience. But I noticed everyone speedruns it through which will get you into trouble. lol. I am glad I cut that level in half because I decided that any longer and people would burn houses. I am proud of it though as it did exactly what I wanted it to: Twist people's minds. Because in hindsight it is actually an easy level enemy wise and have a lot of ladder safe spots.

I am very happy about level 7. It seems Level 7 is my lucky number in terms of unique gimmicks. Hero of Dreams with the Season Isle and this one with the maze. I am glad people like it, even though it is difficult.

Keese
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    32.03%
    Through 7 levels so far. I gotta say, I am LOVING the puzzles in this quest! Hard enough to make you think, but all 'fair game'. I compare this to the last quest I completed (also heavy on puzzles); in that one, I felt there was a bit too much obscurity. This one hits the sweet spot.

What this quest has in puzzles, it lacks (somewhat) in difficulty. Haven't lost a life yet, or really been close to doing so. Perhaps the difficulty ratchets up with Levels 8 and 9.

Authenticity takes a hit with the color schemes, but you're certainly not the only one taking 'creative liberties' in that regard.

Probably too easy to get all the Overworld HCs. For one in particular that needs a bomb: it'd be better to make that one require a boulder push, since you wouldn't be able to get it so quickly.

The one 'letter' hint is really unnecessary, as there's another guy who basically tells you where to go, and you can't miss that guy.

I actually got used to the control issues with Level 6 fairly easily. What was really jarring was leaving that dungeon, and trying to revert to 'normal' mode! It took a bit to readjust.

Will finish soon, hopefully. Incredible (if perhaps too easy) so far.

1ST UPDATE: started Level 8; I might've spoken too soon about how easy this is. Still have to figure out how to cross that disappearing pathway in time, as it doesn't seem to reappear after waiting. Also missing two items (not including the red ring or silver arrows, which I assume are in Level 9, or the blue candle) and a bomb upgrade. This is easily the largest level yet, so I wouldn't be shocked to get a ton of swag.

2ND UPDATE: so much for flawlessness. Lost three lives going through the gauntlet of lava puzzles in Level 8 (though I only saved the game after one of them). Got the 2nd bomb upgrade and book, but after taking a sojourn looking for Level 9, I'm convinced there's a new object in this quest that I haven't gotten yet.

3RD UPDATE: I did figure out the puzzle that I was stuck on in the 1st update. I shudder to think what the right side is like.
    Last edited by Coyotek4; 02-17-2014 at 08:31 PM.

Thread Information