Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
LOL. I agree there. Metal Blade->Leaf Shield-> then you can rape Air Man in his propeller-hole with your wood weapons. :) I can see why that advice would be helpful for repeats: You could quickly get the Crash Bombs for the remaining 6 levels. That would be pretty useful actually.

Unless for some weird reason I'm planning on trying to do a speed run (Never bothered to do a MM game before though--too much memorizing) of Mega Man, I would, as a general rule, go after the most overall bad-ass and useful weapons first: Probably Metal Man or Quick Man--those weapons use up very little energy and can make tough spots in levels much easier and it's hard to run uot of energy using them.

Also are you talking about those shooter things that open up from the wall? IIRC Bubble Shot and Metal Blade is very effective and doesn't require much energy to win.

[EDIT] I may have to play through this game now for old-times-sake.

I used Heat Man's weapon against Wood Man. It was a pain in the ass to use but it takes him out with 2 hits. Metal Blade does pretty good on just about anything but Wood Man's Leaf Shield was pissing me off because it is pretty tough to time the just and it only takes like 4 hits to take you out. Without Leaf Shield I doubt I would have been able to take out Air Man. I am no good at dodging his Tornadoes and too often he throws some that can't be dodged or the opening is just way to small for my skills.

Not not the boss where the squares come out of the wall and join together then attack. That thing was tough but only because there is no indication of where they are coming from. So unless you learned the pattern already or know that they never come from the middle two blocks then you pretty much die a few times to learn how it works.

I am talking about these blue orb things that stay on the wall and all shoot at once every second or so directly at you. They can only be damaged by crash bombs and are behind walls that need crash bombs to get through. You have 7 shots and you need every one the first try. If you fail the walls you blew up will stay gone until you game over or continue. My problem now is I can't seem to get there with enough health and those damn Items 1 and 3 are just difficult to use in the crowded space they provide you.