It's been quite a while since I said something new about my big quest project, so today I felt like discussing the characters that will populate the game. Let's meet the denizens of Spectacle Rock.

Spoiler: show
Link Kasuto
One of several workers excavating archaeological scrap from the Death Mountain region. Quiet and defensive or outspoken and crass (depending on the choices you make), he yearns to leave the region and seek his fortune. On his latest dig he found a strange shard of reflective glass. Nothing has made sense since.

Ganondorf Dragmire
Vizier to the king of Hyrule, Ganondorf has been sent to Spectacle Rock from the North Palace with the specific goal of unearthing a particular artifact for the crown. As such, he shuts down Alfon's excavation business.

Zelda Harkinian
A witch living in the forest near Spectacle Rock. Magic is a fantasy to the people of Spectacle Rock, but there is an air of mystery about this woman and her tarot. Even more unsettling is the preserved right eye she uses in her seances. Rumor has it she has come to the region seeking an ancient artifact.

Alfon Kasuto
Link's uncle and the owner of the local excavation concern. He also holds the deed to the tavern, which serves as the shared residence for all the citizens of Spectacle Rock. This makes sense, as most of them are under his employ. Exceptions include members of the Darknut and Wizzrobe guilds.

Ravio
Alfon's son and one of the excavators for his business. A couch-potato at heart, he is known to frighten easily.

Roam
An excavator for Alfon's business. Notoriously short-tempered, but a talented marksman.

Dethi
Innkeeper for Alfon's tavern. He is constantly derided for making the beds incorrectly and giving 'nightmares' to everybody in town.

Veran
Bartender for Alfon's tavern.

Onyx
Bouncer for Alfon's tavern.

Fi
Local chapter head for the Darknut guild, and a master of bladed weaponry.

Hilda
Local chapter head for the Wizzrobe guild, and a master of prestidigitation. Infamous as a grouch.

So... are there any other camoes you'd like to see populate the hamlet of Spectacle Rock? Is there a better way to elaborate on some of these characters, or perhaps a more interesting role for them to fill? I've already begun preparing visuals for most of the entities listed, and I will share when they are finalized.

[I'd like to note that there is no magic in this world... at least to start. Wizzrobes are actually talented stage magicians, hiding crossbows and bombs up their sleeves. I felt this clarification was necessary as even Zelda does not possess any direct supernatural power.]