[Act Medias Res]
Dance with a Phoenix

A sleeping phoenix. I wonder if I could grab some feathers from it and flee. I concoct a plan. Under my cloak I coax out something... in a few second a small creature comes out. Nearly the size of a domestic cat. It unfurls it's wings which each longer than the full length of it's body, a small dragon. It's entire body is cover in spiny scales much like a hedgehog and it in a calm state they lay flat and touchable (if you don't go the wrong way) until it sees the Phoenix, the scales become a tangle mess of toxic pricks.

"Quite, Texia" I whisper. I motion that I am going to approach the Phoenix from the other side and despite not being able to communicate with me in a conventional way Texia always seems to have a good understanding of my intentions. She waits patiently as I approach the phoenix with a plan to pull some feathers and use her as a distraction to escape. As if senseing what I was planning the phoenix eyes open despite my completely silent approach and looks straight at me. It starts to start communicating with me through extrasensory means.

Warning me of the events unfolding in the mansion and a possible fate of myself and Telivar. For some reason despite barely knowing Telivar and having met many strangers along my travels and not developed such concerns for them I am actually worried about his fate. I wonder if this is a real prediction or if the Phoenix is using my anxieties and concerns to deter me from assaulting it.
[/Act Medias Res]