1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    11.14%

1492 Quest is Released!!

Forum:

I wanted to let you know that I've published a new 8-bit quest entitled "1492 quest." It is available for download on the quests site. So what kind of quest is it? Here are the specs:

The game follows the rules of the regular 8-bit NES LoZ. I grew up in the 80s playing this game, and to this day I believe it's the best video game I've ever played, so this game is my tribute to the original. I've completely overhauled the overworld...it's all brand new. There are still 9 dungeons, with the ninth being the most elusive and challenging as you make your way to try and save the princess.

As you progress deeper into the game, you'll note a few new enemy variants that will challenge you. You'll learn the blue darknut has a dangerous cousin, the Wall Master has evolved, and Gohma began taking ClearEye to protect what once was a critical weakness. Sound interesting? It doesn't stop there! The game features a completely customized soundtrack with unique music for each dungeon.

If you liked the original LoZ, please give this game a try. I spent at least four months programming and beta-testing the game to make it as professional as I possibly could. I was told by a beta tester that Level 7 was "the most fun level he's ever played!"

Are you up for the challenge? Try your luck! The original game is available now in the downloads section. If you want the full experience complete with the soundtrack shoot me a message and drop me your contact info. I'll gladly send it out your way.

One quick note for whoever maintains this site...thank you so much for making this available. You have no idea how much I have enjoyed programming this game and hopefully bringing enjoyment into other Zelda fans across the country. I love this forum!

suncactus9

Gibdo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    9.73%
    I'm looking for the white sword. Level 2 is killing me without it. Trying to kill blue darknuts with the wooden sword isn't easy. I've already gotten the map so I know the white sword would really help.
    Thanks in advance.
    BTW I wish you would have turned on the overworld map. It just makes it easier to remember where certain places are.

Thread Information