[Act Medias Res]
One Stone or Two?
I ask Evaine what she meant by stone as I know from the letter that Gringham had (I don't reveal my knowledge of the letter, though
she probably either already knows or doesn't care at this point) that there are two stones that combine into one. If she has already
combined the stones, then I don't see why she sent it away unless she doesn't want to put the city (and herself) in jeopardy if the
stone had a backlash once combined or if it will cause more ogres/dragons to come looking for it.
[/Act Medias Res]

[Act Medias Res]
Who took the Stone(s)?
I inquire who now has the stone. Even if she has it guarded, the stone itself is a threat to those around it, not to mention those who
would do anything to get it (such as the ogres that have attacked the city twice now or even Cecette who covets the stone above all
else it seems and has no qualms with doing anything to get it) Not to mention that it is inevitable that the stone's power will be
unleashed and cause untold damage to even the world itself. Is Evaine really that desperate to risk the world for that kind of power?
I mention that even if she doesn't tell us, we WILL find the stone sooner or later. Her co-operation could mean that countless lives
could be spared from a terrible fate. I have seen first-hand what those who wield power like the stone is said to hold can do. And it
can only ever lead to ruin. I let my warning weigh on her mind.
[/Act Medias Res]

Goldleaf's vision only confirms my worst fears. The stone is whole and Evaine's efforts to move it are merely delaying the inevitable.
I of course agree to the teleportation and once we arrive we must make haste to secure the stone at all costs. The fate of the world
could very well hang on the balance of our success.