Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    70.58%
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoriaRPG View Post
    I belive that it does...now. It's probably one of the things that I added, and Gleeok already added the ZASM-end stuff for all the drawing functions, unless this change has nothing to do with the polygon3d drawing primitive.
    Oh, I see it now. It's used indirectly. Didn't think to look for quad3d and such.
    But it still doesn't appear to affect us. The issue only applied to builds with assembly disabled, which we don't do, and shouldn't show up in C++ programs, anyway.

What is the present reason for that, though?
    It requires 32-bit color. Well, strictly speaking, it requires the application's color depth to be the same as the desktop's.

I noticed a group of fixes relating to input. Had you ever worked out exactly what causes loss of input, and what causes random input when ZC is defocused on Windows with alt+tab (and only alt+tab does this)?
    Random input? First I've heard of it.
    By "loss of input," are you referring to the GUI no longer accepting keyboard input even though it still works in the game? That happens because the keyboard buffer it reads from is used from multiple threads but isn't thread-safe.

I'm more interested in expanding the nsf formats that we can use. The expanded chipset types, don't work at present, and I've never looked at what we use for that. Adding .sid support would also be nice, for that matter.
    Upgrading libgme might do it, but the API has changed, so it's not straightforward.

Do we use external binaries with no source, that we can't compile on other arcitectures? Really, what is the main limiting factor with this one? Input differences? System resources?
    Libraries that only compile on x86.

The Timelord
    QDB Manager
    ZC Developer

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    vBActivity - Stats
    Level
    vBActivity - Bars
    Lv. Percent
    69.92%
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffith View Post

Random input? First I've heard of it.
    Affects win 7 and higher: When using alt+tab to move from zc or zq to something else, such as a text file, and using alt+tab to shift back, ZQuest (probably also ZC) believes that the tab key is constantly pressed until you press another key.

Thread Information