Quote Originally Posted by ZoriaRPG View Post
Sure, but when scripts modify them without checking if the post-modufied sum exceeds their value limit, then they generate bus.

The real problem is that ADDR/V don't care what they are writing here. AFAIK increasing a fix to > 214749.9999 doesn't roll it over to -214747.9999, does it?

For a an int 16, it is normal, but in their application, rolling over is irrational, and only scripta can do it. Picking up counter ref items does not.

I could add a check to prevent this behaviour in ZASM. Need to check if this will be problematic.
o.O I don't know if I am tired from school and work but sometimes when you talk I can't wrap my head around what you are trying to say. Longs, Zscript variables, do indeed wrap if you exceed them. I know they have a funniness about them with the whole decimal thing it does, but... that's another bag of WTF. I don't know what behavior you'd want counters to have that would change the way they behave. I don't believe it would happen in game besides through scripting.

If you are coding and setting a value to a variable without concern for what that variable can contain or what you are writing to it then you aren't coding very well.