Quote Originally Posted by Gleeok View Post
I was just sorta copying/emulating how ZScript does it. If you're talking about storing scripts inside of quest files I hadn't planned that until ver.2 since run-time compiling is higher priority.
Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragon View Post
I'd like to work out how script contexts work in AngelScript first; it then makes sense to modify ZScript to line up with how the AS runtime works.

Fair enough mates. For the present, I may write a routine to parse the output of the fuill buffer with all imports in-line to a separate buffer, and save it with the quest, with an option to extract it to a file, and an option to output it to a file at compile time. That should not disrupt anything and can be expanded in the future. It would be a pretty useful utility in any case. I think I will make it the default, and compulsory behaviour. If people absolutely want to hide code, they will need to work to do it. The entire argument of [i]needing'[/i[ to hide it, is asinine, IMO.

I also still plan to add an 'Export ZASM' option at some point, to get scripts as assembly to reuse, should the master files ever be lost. (Note, that I mean raw ZASM as a file, not some kind of disassembly--pretty much the opposite of the 'Import ZASM' options.